• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to change the CPU liquid cooler to a stock fan (Overclockers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qedi

Registered
If the PC I'm interested in is liquid-cooled in the CPU but air-cooled everywhere else and I don't like any sort of liquid cooling in my PC. Is there any chance that they will make the CPU stock fan instead of being liquid cooled? Because I want to buy the PC, but the liquid cooling in the CPU puts me off and I don't like it being both air cooled and liquid cooled. I just want it to be 100% air cooled. Even in the product specification it says: "Cooling: Air Cooling". But in the description and from what other people have told me, they told me that the CPU on this specific PC is liquid cooled, which I do not want. There is no options to let me change it, but I want to know if it's possible to change it by talking with Overclockers. This is honestly my dream PC which I want to buy, but I don't want to buy it with any liquid cooling. I've seen that it is possible to remove liquid coolers and add a CPU stock fan instead. Does anyone know if it's possible if they could change the CPU liquid cooler to an air cooler (stock fan).

Link to PC: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...sh-ddr4-gaming-pc-fs-153-og.html#t=c3d6e6f7g0

Why dont you like liquid cooling? I been using water cooling since blocks were all hand made and we were using pond pumps.

I'm just not a fan of it @bignazpwns. I also may not always be stationary with my PC and I'm paranoid with having liquid in my PC because my friend had an accident with liquid cooling and it just puts me off completely.

If you want our honest advice, you are overly paranoid.

That said, yeah, buy another heatsink and install it. Simple as that. Perhaps a cooler master hyper 212 evo. Are you overclocking?

Also, you know were are not associated with overclockers.uk, right? Why dont you call/email/chat with them and ask if they have an air cooled option???

I am planning on contacting Overclockers but I can only next call them on upcoming Monday. I just wanted to get more opinions about liquid cooling a CPU or having an air cooler. If my PC isn't stationary, there could be a chance it could leak and spill onto the harddrive which would not be ideal for me. Also couldn't they buy the "heatsink" and install it for me since they're the ones who are going to be buiilding it for me.

There's a chance anything can break in transit. ;)

I dont know what they do... you'll have to chat or call Monday. Cant you configure a system there??

It doesn't let me configure the CPU cooler. I have configurated the whole PC myself, but the cooler on the CPU is set to liquid, it won't let me change it. But I really hope that they will change it for me because this PC is one I really wanna get and has everything right for me, the price, the specs, the look of it, etc. Only downfall is the liquid cooler on the CPU which just needs to be changed to a stock fan because I want the PC to be full 100% air cooled. I will call them on Monday and try to get some answers from them.

If you have them install an air cooler that is not on the options list they might not honor the warranty because the cooling might not be enough to keep the CPU at a safe temp. You have given us no specs about the machine components so it is difficult to say whether or not this would be a wise alteration.

GPU: RTX 2070
CPU: i7-9700K
PSU: 850W 80 Plus Bronze Rated
Motherboard: Intel Z390

16GB of RAM
500GB of SSD
2TB of HDD

Those are the specs of the PC. I ended up calling them and they changed it from liquid cooling to air cooling on the CPU. They told me that if it has problems with air cooling (with fans) they will let me know about it. They put in 2x fans for the CPU and will test to see if it's good. Also I don't think they wouldn't honour the warranty, because if they think the fans aren't safe enough because of the temperatures, they will tell me. If it's kept at air cooling for the CPU, they know it's safe enough as they wouldn't send someone a product which is unsafe. It's all tested by them and they cannot send me something which is at risk of being unsafe.

You sure seem to talk yourself into that opinion of them not sending you anything unsafe (they wouldn't do that)... you repeated the same thing 3x... LOL! I also don't see why they would not warranty the PC just because you switched to air. It's a 9700K at stock speeds... the stock Intel can handle it nonetheless whatever else they put on it for you. ;)

Glad to hear they will put a regular heatsink on it. I still think you are overly paranoid about water, but happy they will do this for you.

Please post up some pics when you get it!!!

I'll for sure send some pictures of it once I get it. But it's true, there's no way a big company like Overclockers would send me something which is unsafe. IF they feel as if the fans will work with the CPU and they've tested it out and they're sure it's safe, they will send it with no worries. If not, they said they'll let me know so.

Just make sure you have an invoice that lists the individual components and a written warranty to prove they still warrant the system with the customized cooling. That way if the system needs repair you have proof that you were not the one who made the cooling change after you received the unit.

Last edited:
Where can I find that trents. An invoice of them all with wrtiten warranty? I did make the cooling change to air after the order but I'm still yet to receive it.

This would be your receipt/invoice that they send you when you purchased it. You should have one that is itemized and shows the components purchased.

That said, guys, you do not need to go through these lengths for support! They simply put an air cooler on the CPU instead. There is no reason they wouldn't warranty it. You should hang on to the receipt or invoice because that is what you do regardless, not because of this meager change.

Remember - K.I.S.S!!!!!

Would I find it on "Your orders" because it does state the purchase of the PC with all the components. However, it doesn't state that I have warranty anywhere on the page, neither does it on the email they sent me when I purchased the PC.

I have never ordered from their website... no idea. A warranty is typically not found on the receipt though. You can find that on their website somewhere, or again, call/chat/email with them. If you see a list with all of your components purchased, that is what you are looking to keep.

Yeah I can see a list of all my components which are purchased + an email from them when I purchased it with all the information to do with the order details and all components I have purchased. And I found on the service package that it has 3 years of warranty, but that's on the information of the PC. Doesn't show up on the receipt or on the order details though.

but that's on the information of the PC. Doesn't show up on the receipt or on the order details though.
So what if it isn't on the receipt. As I said earlier, a warranty typically isn't listed on the receipt in the first place.

Again, you have a warranty on your parts. You have a list of said parts... you have absolutely nothing to worry about! :)

I wasn't saying that I need warranty on my receipt. I was just letting you know. And I would need these receipts for afterwards (if anything happened after I have receieved my PC)?

Back