• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I oc to 4.5 ghz using this cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4you98

I am overclocking to 4.5 ghz using my i5 2500k to 4.5 ghz I am thinking of getting a h60 for noise looks and because I have a small case...will it allow me to do the 4.5 ghz I want will good temps under full load while playing games like crysis assassins creed and black ops?

2fast, I replied in your other thread. Please stop creating new threads on what is essentially the same subject of an existing thread. It becomes exceedingly difficult for all involved. :)

Last edited:
Lots of possible ways to ask Google, and perusing lots of links. Never easy, but if you want easy buy a DELL.

Just dig in and don't buy a H60. H80 or an H100 is the only cheap WC setup. The H80 barely beats top air cooling. We can't say you will get xxxxxx cooling, every rig is different.

Stop looking for the easy way answer, PC cooling is a fun HOBBY and takes work and effort, like getting that A+ in a College placement test.

oh cmon guys just help the noob. Ed was very helpful to me a year ago when i started asking stupid questions ^_^. i pay back by giving my thoughts back to starters and helping them with some opinions i get from experience.

it will do but i wouldn't bother using the h60. The only one thats really worthwhile is the h100. If not then just use a decent high end air cooler. Also the H series have reliability issues, i would steer clear of it if you can!

4.5ghz isnt exactly a CRAZYYYY overclock to try and achieve. But then again you could just get unlucky and have a chip that doesnt oc well.

OK CrustyButt, next time I see you taking an attitude with a new member on these forums and giving snide "Google it" or "Do you need us to teach you how to Google" type crap will earn yourself a nice infraction! If you can't positively help out the person, it is best you either back off from the keyboard or go somewhere else to post your drivel, understand?:mad:

ED's answer was a good one, because he is helping a new member learn how to post properly on the forums. (Thanks ED) :thup:

2fast4you98, like ED said, please quit making multiple threads dealing with the same subject like this one. This could have been handled in your original thread, which ED has linked to. :)

Now, to help you out some, if you want to go with an LCLC system like the Corsair units, I would suggest going with the H80 over the H60, because it has a better radiator (thicker) and you don't have to use both fans on it if you don't want to or don't have room to do.

But, there are other choices for you and for much cheaper. A 2500k isn't that hot running as compared to IB or even a Nehalem i7 and 4.5 isn't a radical overclock for a 2500k. I barely have to bump up the stock vcore for my 2500k at 4.5 and even a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or Hyper 212 EVO should easily handle it. And looking at the specs of your case in your sig, you shouldn't have any problem mounting a 212 in your case, since TT shows a case width of 190 mm on the V3. The 212 heatsinks are only around 160 mm tall.

Finally, I am locking this thread, since it's basically a dupe of your original thread linked above.

mudd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back