• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i rma shappire cards if i bought them from ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acuradude

hey guys like the title says i bought 6 280x's from ebay all of them have bad fans and some of them artifact!

i know some manufacturers dont care if you are the first owner they will still replace/repair the item but is shappire one of those company's??

If you have the original buyers receipt, and Sapphire do not specify anything in there terms for warranty/guarantee, then it should not be a problem.

I know the Netgear directly specify, that they will NOT honor the warranty on a product, unless it is the first owner/original owner of the product that starts the RMA case.

Not sure if they go by S/N or not. Their website should have that information though...

First I would try to get your money back from the seller.

If you can get a hold of hte original receipt/invoice, then you should have zero problems RMAing the cards with Sapphire. I know this from experience.

well i got 5 of them for $200 each and one for $20 they are the ones that newegg has for $360 the one i paid $20 for the guy said it didnt work at all well it dont mine but itll play BF4 all day long with no trouble but the second you start the miner it crashes the computer

as for the other five each one seems to have a different problem but they all have one problem being the same and thats the fans which i was fine with the fans not working hell i have over 30 120mm fans and enuff zip ties to supply stores with for a long time LMFAO !!!!! zip ties are the best invention EVER! so i figured rma would be better for me since i got one card for $20 and the others for $160 less than what newegg wanted

Good point... assuming the auction didn't state they were already bad! :thup:

If they were listed as "good, working cards" and the seller won't refund then you might even have an eBay/PayPal case.

If you can get a hold of hte original receipt/invoice, then you should have zero problems RMAing the cards with Sapphire. I know this from experience.

i contacted the guy that i got them from he is the first owner and says he will send me the invoice

auction stated bad fans which i was fine with its the other problems that bother me but id rather try rmaing these instead of sending them back but ill let every one how well shappire does with the rma once i get the invoice

PowerColor RMA'd and repaired my 270X due to artifacting. I just used the invoice from the guy I bought it from, he just emailed it to me and I screenshotted it and sent it, along with my info to them. Not a bit of hassle from them. Hopefully Sapphire treats you as well.

Like you I would rather have the cards then go through eBay to settle it. If they do accept the RMA from you, then for any future incidents you know they will honor it.

Beware delays, some eBay s sellers will string you along with things until it's too late to file a PayPal claim, and then leave you hanging.
I strongly recommend returning the artifacting cards. Now.

Beware delays, some eBay s sellers will string you along with things until it's too late to file a PayPal claim, and then leave you hanging.
I strongly recommend returning the artifacting cards. Now.

+1

Just get your money back.

PowerColor RMA'd and repaired my 270X due to artifacting. I just used the invoice from the guy I bought it from, he just emailed it to me and I screenshotted it and sent it, along with my info to them. Not a bit of hassle from them. Hopefully Sapphire treats you as well.

Like you I would rather have the cards then go through eBay to settle it. If they do accept the RMA from you, then for any future incidents you know they will honor it.

very true if i get my money back i would get 1020 back thats not enuff to buy 6 of these cards lol i could almost get 3 so getting an rma sounds like a better deal to me and guy is being very helpful he is trying to find the invoice for me and everything real easy guy to deal with

very true if i get my money back i would get 1020 back thats not enuff to buy 6 of these cards lol i could almost get 3 so getting an rma sounds like a better deal to me and guy is being very helpful he is trying to find the invoice for me and everything real easy guy to deal with

If he bought them online almost any retailers lets you view invoices in your account overview. Shouldn't take to long. Like Bobnova said, if it does take what seems to be to long, it probably is. If however, he does it without delay it is 100% worth it to pursue RMA. While you are waiting have you verified that any "Warranty void if removed" stickers are all still intact?

Right on Sapphire's website

Is the explaination: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/support/support_index.aspx?cid=3&lid=1

Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty* with all enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase. This can only be carried out by the original purchaser Please contact your Dealer/Reseller for Warranty / RMA service. They will require proof of purchase which includes the original invoice/documentation.

Time to return the cards to the seller Acuradude. Sorry for the loss.

EDIT: Now that I read that....... I may not have any warranty for my 270x :shock:
I bought it using Bitcoins, so I have no receipt to prove I am the original owner..... :bang head

Just a word of caution.

Last edited:
the part where it says that it must be handled thru the business if only when its within there return period after that they just want an invoice but the guy is at work and says he will email me the invoice when he gets home to night i contacted him shortly after making this thread and he has stayed in contact today so if no invoice by tomorrow i will then be doing whatever i have to get new cards or my money

i got the invoice dude bought 24 of them WOW for over $7,000 WOW WOW WOW much coin such mine lol just waiting for sapphire to write back

the part where it says that it must be handled thru the business if only when its within there return period after that they just want an invoice

Where does it say that? Last time I checked, part of a merchant's deal with Sapphire to sell their cards is to take RMAs for the entire warranty period.

Back