• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i use different fans for push/pull on a black ice sr1 radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smoothop

hi i want to setup a sr1 radiator water cooled system.

i was planning on using gelid wing 12pl fans internally pushing through the raditor and set up corsair sp120 mounted on top (outside) of the case pulling air.

i have been discouraged by a few others to do this. will this cause any types of problems or will it be safe.

ps the reason i really am doing this is because of the cosmetic attraction of the gelid uv conductive fans. do you guys think this fan is worth it? how does it compair (performance/quietness) to lets say a gentle typhoon.

thank you i would appreciate any input.

I can't imagine you would notice any difference in performance whether they were exactly the same or not. To my recollection, push pull didn't offer a huge decrease in temps. If they bolt up, and you like the way they look, go for it.

^+1. The fans are kinda close in performance so give it a try I guess. Please do load tests etc first, record accurate load test temps and after installing the fans do the tests again and let us know if temps changed.

Back