• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So up to 40% higher GPU performance than previous generation ... nice but who is actually deciding on laptops with ultra low power CPUs and higher performance graphics ? ( there is comparison to Haswell U series ).

Intel generally keeps GPU performance at the same level for most their IGP ( so you never expect anything good :p ) while AMD is lowering performance with each lower series APU. AMD usually shows performance boost based on the highest models and later try to sell cheaper chips based on that data. People are buying that and show their disappointment on the forums and in other places while they you simply read specification. On the other hand most users go to the store and buy a product , they don't have to know what is inside as long as it's working as expected.

I wish AMD show something good but each time I see the same news about faster graphics in APU that barely anyone needs. Most laptops are dedicated for office work and no one cares about gfx cards while CPU power is important. We still have no high performance CPU with reasonable wattage from AMD.

Recently I was looking for a tablet with Win8.1 and there are no AMD tablets even though they were presenting APUs for these devices about a year ago. It's actually part of the market which is growing and could be good place for AMD but they rather focus on APUs for low performance PCs and laptops that barely anyone needs and can easily replace with Intel in similar price.

Last edited:
I don't know about that Woomack. Even office enviornment tasks are becoming more and more graphical. And I think one important element in the announcement that might be overlooked is the increased synergy between CPU and GPU in handling a variety of computing tasks. The day will probably come when programmers will consistently address that capability in the way they build software.

Overclockers/enthusiasts/gamers are a minority user base element. Not where the money is. We need to remember that.

I don't know about that Woomack. Even office enviornment tasks are becoming more and more graphical. And I think one important element in the announcement that might be overlooked is the increased synergy between CPU and GPU in handling a variety of computing tasks. The day will probably come when programmers will consistently address that capability in the way they build software.

Overclockers/enthusiasts/gamers are a minority user base element. Not where the money is. We need to remember that.

i`m sure all of us are aware that we rep around 5-6% of the market, but they could put in the effort to bring us an fx with the kaveri cores...i don`t think it would take too much effort to do so since they use modules....
my 2c

Back