• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone give me a rundown of the P35?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

Well I chose all the parts for a PC I'm making quite sometime ago and have put it off for price drops, new parts, etc. Now I'm thinking it's really time to build it and I completely missed out on the release of the p35 mobos.

i'm gonna start foraging through the forums for info but if anyone can tell me the pros and cons of it compared to the 680i, 965, and 975 chipsets that would save me some time

I'm loving my Asus P5K-D. So far it's doing the same FSB that my P5B-D did. What really got me was the fact it has the ability of supporting the 45nm processors. I'm not a fan of the nVidia boards at all. Their performance is slightly worse than the Intel counter parts. Although, if you want SLI it's the only way to go. However, I hear the new Intel X38 (not released yet) board will be able to support SLI.

Well, I had the AW9D-MAX up to 400fsb (motherboard limited) before it died.

Got my ABIT IP35 Pro and I'm doing 450-465 without even a bump on the nb voltage...thats a huge improvment since my AW9D-MAX had the nb voltage maxed out...

Same thing with my Asus boards. The P5B-D took a bunch of extra volts to the board to get up to 500FSB and further. With the P5K-D I havnt had to touch the voltages for the mobo yet. It will do 500FSB with ease at the stock volts.

Back