• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone tell me if my temps are OK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I'm not overclocking this system but I have every other system I have had so keep in mind I am not some newbie coming to get advice from your guys.

I would just like to know if someone can look at the 2 images from my cpu-z and core temps and tell me how they look.

I run my system all the time and don't shut it down often at all, I would say these reading are on this sytem after being running 24/7 for weeks if not months with a restart every once in a while after updates.

So how does it look??

temps.jpg

cpu-z.jpg

Any way to get temps with all cores running at 100% load with like prime95 or something? Idle temps are only a few degrees higher than mine, but that doesn't really mean a thing.

use prime or Intel burn test and log the temps, then post back,other wise the idle temps look fine.

Thanks guys I am not wanting to run stress tests I just want to know if the temps are within normal range for a regular running system

Idle temps don't mean doodly squat. Yeah, those temps aren't hurting a thing, but then if you were overheating with no load your computer would shut down when you put a significant load on it from an overheat trip. Intel procs will do that if they get too hot.

Also, both your versions of Core Temp and CPU-Z are woefully out of date. Download the newest versions and they both will report data much more accurately. And in Core Temps case, it will also show you the max and min temp recorded by each core, besides it's present temp.Another temp monitor app you might want to look at is Real Temp, since you are running an Intel processor system. It only monitors Intel based systems and it gives the same information as Core Temp, but I like the way it presents the info a little better. I do keep both on my systems though and use them interchangeably. Here's a screen shot of Real Temp's interface:
real temp.jpg

And it seems to me that you have come with a bit of an attitude here too. If you don't want any overclocking advice that is cool, but you really don't have to get all in a huff over it either. Most folks here are pretty easy to get along with. And this is the cooling forum, which isn't the best place to ask how to overclock your system anyways. The Intel CPU or Intel Motherboard forums would be where that would be asked.:)

Last edited:
Back