• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the FX4100 be OCed to.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chesterchuennn

Registered
...5Ghz and beyond for daily use? Im not sure what do people meant by 24/7, but i do not run my pc beyond 12hrs(unless i prime95 to test). What i need is a high performing cpu that works on me whenever i need it for a duration between 8-12hrs or less, mainly for gaming, sc2 especially.

So far i've OC my cpu to 4.6ghz and worked rather fine(except the temp issues in my another thread). However i would like to know if i can push it to 5ghz and beyond for my usage stated above.

Im currently using a corsair h80 for cooling coupled with corsair 550D casing. Would this be a good point to OC 5ghz and beyond?

Also im using a 1600mhz ram(more specs in my signature). Would this affect me if i want to OC 5ghz n beyond?

First, a friendly suggestion, no need to make two threads for basically the same thing. You would probably help us out by keeping everything in one thread so we don't have to jump back and forth to see what temp issues your having, etc.

Second, people say 24/7 just to mean overall daily stability, i.e. no crashes or errors ever occur from the overclock. It doesn't neccessarily mean that they run their computers literally 24/7, though some do.

Third, as always, it depends on your individual hardware. I don't have a new FX cpu but from what I hear, when trying to hit 5+ ghz, temps can get out of hand quickly. The main things to keep under control would be your temps and how much extra voltage you have to give the chip to reach another x amount of speed. What voltage are you running at currently and did you ever figure out for sure what your load temps are?

First, a friendly suggestion, no need to make two threads for basically the same thing. You would probably help us out by keeping everything in one thread so we don't have to jump back and forth to see what temp issues your having, etc.

Second, people say 24/7 just to mean overall daily stability, i.e. no crashes or errors ever occur from the overclock. It doesn't neccessarily mean that they run their computers literally 24/7, though some do.

Third, as always, it depends on your individual hardware. I don't have a new FX cpu but from what I hear, when trying to hit 5+ ghz, temps can get out of hand quickly. The main things to keep under control would be your temps and how much extra voltage you have to give the chip to reach another x amount of speed. What voltage are you running at currently and did you ever figure out for sure what your load temps are?

My apologies for the blunder of extra posting of threads. Anyway my current voltage is 1.445-1.465. cant exactly rmbr it as im posting here away from my com. idle temps are 20c odd. Max 100% load temps are 42c, tho i got issues of it suddenly jumping to 255C in a split second after 10mins of prime95. Have yet to solve tat stability issue.

Back