• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this setup run 6 monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bear in mind that with 3 monitors you need to sit about 3-4 feet back from the monitors. With 6 you'd have to be around 6+ feet back to get the big picture. The mind is a beautiful thing...after a few minutes you'll hardly notice the bezels.

6 feels like a bigger screen, 3 would give you the panoramic feel you're looking after.

3x1080P would be pushing it, maybe high/medium with no AA? I feel like you shouldn't get a lesser quality monitor just because you can't max out games on it though.

@funsoul - Great point. Well i'd be about 2 feet back so 3 is probably the way to go.

@Knufire - I've been researching 22inch monitors with small bezils. Would 2 x 7850's allow me to max out any modern game then?

@funsoul - Great point. Well i'd be about 2 feet back so 3 is probably the way to go.

@knufire - I've been researching 22inch monitors with small bezils. Would 2 x 7850's allow me to max out any modern game then?
At about 2 feet back def don't go larger than 22" as you wouldn't really see about 1/2 of each side screen.

Yeah I've decided to go for 24 inch.

Should I spend more and get 120ghz or will I not really notice it?

I'm just after the one now. Well around £150 would be great but I could go higher if it's alot better to maybe £200 ish.

Anyone able to recommend me a decent 24inch Gaming monitor for around £150

Diddy- with your budget (tough to find a good 120Hz monitor at that price) and choice of videocards (the refresh rate makes things look smooth as butter imho but as a practical thing, 120Hz monitors really only make sense if you want to go 3d using nvidia hardware). You're better off keeping an eye out for a nice, 60Hz IPS panel.

Just my opinion, of course.

Soulcather668- Very easily...nice words ;) Got a nice linky on the asus debezeling? The one's I've seen look like a lot of work for so-so results.

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm looking at the Benq rl2450h. Any feedback with that?

Also for 3d gaming I have a 42 inch 3d TV that I plan to hook my pc up to for RPGs and adventure games. Will that run 3d games with my current setup or will I need anything else?

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm looking at the Benq rl2450h. Any feedback with that?

Also for 3d gaming I have a 42 inch 3d TV that I plan to hook my pc up to for RPGs and adventure games. Will that run 3d games with my current setup or will I need anything else?

Afaik you won't be able to use the tv for 3d gaming because, iirc, you need an nvidia card and their add-in to support 3d on tv's. Also...unless the tv is (again, iirc) is over 240Hz you couldn't get 1080p 3d anyway. Can't recall exactly but seem to recall the best you can do is 720p at max 30fps. The last statement could be wrong but I definitely recall an issue there.

As the guy said in the video careful not break anything or scratch your screen with the screwdriver plus your warranty is void once you have done it Best of luck?

As the guy said in the video careful not break anything or scratch your screen with the screwdriver plus your warranty is void once you have done it Best of luck?

It's not that bad to do but, yes, you do have to be willing to void your warranty.
It does save you almost an inch of bezel though. :thup:

Taking the bezels off screens.

Soulcatcher668: Let say i enjoy watching you video post, but its not for me i would be to scared to do that sort of thing knowing the kind of invesment i have put into my hobby. but as i have said best of luck who wishes to try that.:thup:

Back