• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can we please switch IRC Servers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

Man there have been alot of problems with DALNet recently, the regular NET Splits, lag time (Pings of over a minute), and disconnects! Right now I'm not even able to connect to DALNet, neither is red_hot_machine! Any thoughts?

Not sure what other servers are like. Anyone got any ideas ?

It would be nice to change, but I think dalnet was chosen as it was the best server for Overclockers.com Image and how it would reflect on them.

I still haven't figured out how to connect... Something about ident or something, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to fix it. I know someone posted something about it, but jeez, why should I have to go to all that trouble just to use a friggin' chat room??

-Joe

I personally frequent EFnet and that's why I'm rarely in the channel.
EFnet has been quite stable in the past year or so, and there's a lot of servers all over the place so it's easily accessible.
Just my 2 cents

Dal.net has been pretty good lately except for the last couple of days where they have had some big splits and some craziness. Stryfe did you know you can connect to more than one server at the same time using mIRC. I am on three servers right now:D Good Luck:D

JKooL - To enable Ident you need to check one check box under the Connect options, I don't have mIRC at work, I can tell you specifically where it is when I get home tonight.

JKooL said:
I still haven't figured out how to connect... Something about ident or something, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to fix it. I know someone posted something about it, but jeez, why should I have to go to all that trouble just to use a friggin' chat room??

-Joe

mIRC Options > Expand the Connect Tree > Ident > Check it.

Kendan said:
Stryfe did you know you can connect to more than one server at the same time using mIRC. I am on three servers right now:D Good Luck:D

Yeah, I know. That's what I do the occasional time I wander into the channel. Unfortunatly there's no way to have mIRC connect to multiple servers when it starts up though. When my machine boots I have it setup to launch IRC and automatically join the channels I'm normally in on EFnet. I wish there was a part of the /server command that would make it start a enw server window instead of just disconnecting the current one, then I could add the command to the startup commands list.

Back