• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you believe this from Asus tech support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh, thanks Mandrake4_5, I was looking at the UD3's and didn't notice that one was not. No, I don't want just the D3.
Drake is fine Trents or mike what ever you prefer :) I didn't think you wanted the D3. Also as far as talking them down have you given them a $50.00 price or are you just hoping you can get them lower then the $60.00. Reason being, I have found if you're patient enough and push them you may be able to get it for just the shipping cost. At least that is what I did with an old Asus board that failed and they said I caused the fail. Even though I never touched the system for a year and it was never overclocked.

That image is catagoricaly a manufacturing defect...who actually decides if these RMA's are user induced defects or manufacturing defects, as they need to get a grip as there seems to be a trend with RMA's as of late where manufacturers are trying to blame blatant manufacturing defects on the end user, and then once they realise it may be a manufacturing error they make it seem like they are doing you a favour and offer you the RMA at a lower price than first offered, which is shocking, as there almost admitting the fact that its there fault by reducing the cost which they would not do if they were certain it was user error, and they are still charging you, the victim of there shoddy workmanship for there shortcomings in there products.......

Rant over. Good luck with the RMA Harry, hope you get a new board for "gratis" :thup:

Drake, how did you finally get your way with them? What was going on along with the "patience" part?

I just kept getting numbers of people higher up an placing phone calls. I did a web search for people higher up and kept being a nice pain in their ***. This was at least 5 years ago, so take it with a grain of salt. Many moons ago I used to be a stock broker so I knew how to get important peoples phone numbers. You may be able to just search for AMD corporate names and make some calls. They did offer to pay for half of it but I said no. Eventually they came back to me with a refurbished board and I pay for shipping deal. That was good enough for me.

my 890gx pro 3 onboard sound card broken is 3 months RMAed it broken in 2 months
so i would say stay away from that chip set

The one I referenced is the FX not the GX. Don't know if the audio is any different, though.

I took a quick look over its specs, and Id say that 890FX would be a fine choice, but I do notice in the pictures that board has a white CPU socket. As I understand it the white socket is AM3 revision 1 and is not mechanically compatible with AM3+ CPUs. Now that out of the way your planning to drop a 960T into it so its probably as good a choice as any.

I also second leaning on Asus about the issue. Its clearly a manufacturing defect, and I would hold them accountable for it.

Good catch, ssdwizard. But the revision of that board that does support some FX CPUs was quite limited in which ones it would support anyway, just a few 95W BDs and some of them are very hard to find anymore. Probably I would not by the BD anyway now that PD is out. I would just upgrade the board if I wanted upgrade the CPU.

Maybe you guys can clear up a little confusion on the Deluxe4 Trents posted. It says it only supports the 95w 8120 but it supports the 125w 6 core Thuban. Why wouldn't it also support the 125w 8120 if it supports the 125w 6 core?

The 8 cores under load would draw about 100 more watts than the 6 core if they're both OC'd

If you are looking to save some cash, go for the 970 UD3 or one of the 990 boards, but check newegg's outlet section in both the open box, and refurbished sections. I got my 7850 from their open box area last may for less than 200 dollars, and those cards are just now starting to come down to that price.

It's too bad you have been treated like that by tech support. I'm feeling lucky with the great experiences i have had with them

I've seen Asus repair broken trace motherboards, so they should be able to fix it if that is the only issue with that board.

Many companies don't hassle you if the board is a simple no-post issue with no physical defects like what you have. They will most likely replace it. However, I experienced times when they would say nothing was wrong with it and send it right back at you.

Physical defects are always hard to "prove" it was not due to operator error. However, I've had at one time sent in a board that I repaired a trace on myself but it later developed another issue altogether and they still replaced it without commenting on the trace repair I did. in other words they didn't cop-out and say my trace job was at fault, so kudos to them.

All of the experiences I had was when I was working at my older job as a technician. We mainly sold Asus motherboards (as well as ECS, super micro and intel brand boards) because they are generally reliable. We also had set up a corporate account with them gave us access to higher level RMA techs, but like any company, they sometimes dropped the ball from time to time.

You might be able to repair it yourself if you are handy with a soldering iron.

So, I won this on ebay for 83.75 including shipping: ASUS M5A99X EVO, AM3+ It was time for an upgrade and this one has 6+2 digi VRM management so it will give me some room to at least pop in a 6 core vishera at some point should I want and overclock it some (now that I have my Noctua D14! What a beast of a cooler!).

So, I won this on ebay for 83.75 including shipping: ASUS M5A99X EVO, AM3+ It was time for an upgrade and this one has 6+2 digi VRM management so it will give me some room to at least pop in a 6 core vishera at some point should I want and overclock it some (now that I have my Noctua D14! What a beast of a cooler!).
Good board Trents at least I like mine.

Hey MD saw this today and sent a PM to Trents but it seems i am a little late to the party here! AJ. :shrug: ;)

1, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m1132X509988X86dbdf5ddc1493c51bb6eccd47c8db1b
Yeah I noticed you posted that on another thread, before I saw "open box" I was going to ask when they lowered the price on those. Anyhow, from what I read with RGone testing it, that does seem like a pretty good board. It's a good alternative to the Sabertooth, CHV and UD5-7 boards for the Piledrivers/Bulldozers.

I remember i water damaged my video card and i got a new replacement in a few days and it was an Asus card lol.

Back