• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can you mix Corsair Vengeance RAM color types?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, I figured that, but just in case i go get this like next month, I'm asking this.

I know i keep going to cyberpower's site and show you some pc i customized and whatever, sorry lol

Also, should I get nVidia or AMD gpu's, nVidias are better according to some people, but im only a kid who has never even touched a ram stick before lol :)

Last edited:
Cheapest board isn't good. The power delivery section on that board isn't as robust

Again, you're wasting your money on that case. Have you even looked at other cases? Cooler Master sells literally 3 other cases that look the exact same and are way cheaper.

I have serious doubts about the quality of that liquid cooler. Since there are no sealed liquid units on the market that are 360mm, that's probably a custom loop that they make for you. Did they tell you that you'd need to drain and refill it about every six months, and tear down the whole thing/clean out the blocks and radiator/refill and set back up/leak test the whole thing every 12 months for optimal performance?

Also, did they tell you what PSU? PSU quality is important too, a bad quality PSU can actually harm your components long term. And if a cheap PSU dies...it has the potential to kill the entire rig along with it.

I like that case lol :< but i know its way expensive, honestly the main reasons i like the case are its huge size, its big red LED fans, and on the site it is laser engrave-able, and i have the PERFECT picture to fit that side panel window slot :)

yes, they told me the psu was 80+ gold certified (LEPA)

and about the water cooling system, what about the Asetek 570LX 240mm?

Yeah, all the prices are going to be very different 6 months from now. If you reeeally want that cool looking water cooled setup, you might as well make a loop that will water cool you GPU as well.

I like that case lol :< but i know its way expensive, honestly the main reasons i like the case are its huge size, its big red LED fans, and on the site it is laser engrave-able, and i have the PERFECT picture to fit that side panel window slot :)

yes, they told me the psu was 80+ gold certified (LEPA)

and about the water cooling system, what about the Asetek 570LX 240mm?

I thought like you when I first started building computers, I had a giant case with a ton of blue LED fans. I can tell you for a fact I got sick of it like six months later.

80+ certifications are a measure of efficiency, not quality.

The Asetek unit is probably similar to the Corsair H100 (not the H100i) if you want to look up reviews. It's kinda meh.

How well would the default Intel heatsink work?

Also, I know that the 80+ thing isnt quality but thats all they told me... so no idea

At stock speeds, fine. Overclocking...barely anything. I got like an extra 300MHz on a 4770K before it started overheating on the stock cooler.

I know you said the i5 4670k and the i7 4770k perform almost the same. Not saying that I believe cyberpower on everything they say, but according to them, the i7 4770k can get almost 30-40 fps more than the i5 4670k. Is that correct?

Last edited:
I know you said the i5 4670k and the i7 4770k perform almost the same. Not saying that I believe cyberpower on everything they say, but according to them, the i7 can get almost 30-40 fps more. Is that correct?

I call BS. I know exactly how they could manipulate a benchmark to show their point too. If you take BF3 (pretty much the only game on the market that can utilize an i7) and lower the resolution to like 800x600, you'd probably get a 40FPS improvement.

New System Edit:

Is $1200 good? ($1300 w/ my fancy things like laser engravings, LEDs and 20dbA fans)

Case - Thermaltake Commander MS-I (Black)
MainBoard - MSI Z87-G45
CPU Fan - Asetek 550lc 120mm
CPU - Intel i5 4670K
RAM - 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (Black)
GPU - 2 x nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
PSU - Corsair 750W
HDD - Corsair 128GB SSD (will get 500GB HDD later)
DVD - 24X CD/DVD
OS - Windows 7/8 Home Premium

SLIing lower end cards = bad idea. Better to get a single higher end card. Lower power consumption, equal performance, and you're not locked out of an upgrade option in the future.

That Asetek 550LC is the same as a Corsair H50 which is pretty crap. There are $25 air heatsinks that match that performance.

And again, motherboard is low end and not the best for overclocking.

I still don't understand why you would get fancy things vs actual better parts. Take what I posted in post #15 and change the SSD to a 128GB, that's still a way better $1300 build. Better case, better motherboard, better cooler, better GPU.

In fact, you live nearby Atlanta? You can pick up your CPU and motherboard there for dirt cheap, saving even more money.

Capture.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG

Last edited:
I know what you're saying about my use of flashy appearances, but that was part of my plan for this build. I like red/black, so that's why I was going to use Corsair Vengeance RAM with that particular Mboard, and willing to pay an extra $20-$50 or so for the color scheme matching. I'll look at better boards now, though.

I can get actual better parts AND the flashy things too (I like the fancy colors and pieces.) :)

I live nowhere near Atlanta, it's about 4 hours from here =/

If you want the laser engraving, you pretty much HAVE to go through CyberPower or a similar company. All of the other "flashy" things you can get by building it yourself. This community is always going to suggest building a computer yourself rather than buying one pre-made. But ultimately, it's your money, and you can spend it how you wish. You're not going to convince Knufire that CyberPower can out-build him though xD

Probably because they can't. Cyberpower is in it to make a profit, Knufire is here to help people get the best bang for their buck.

I am surprised that I read every post here and NOT one tried to explain WHY going through this website is a bad idea.

Building your own PC is probably the easiest thing you can ever do. It can get somewhat challenging with software, but in terms of assembling the parts I can't understand why any person with normal intelligence would pay a company to build it for them (unless you are simply trying to buy the most affordable PC possible; dell HP etc).

But friend, JUST BUILD IT YOURSELF! You will definitely loose money if you go through that site, there is just no way around it.

I am surprised that I read every post here and NOT one tried to explain WHY going through this website is a bad idea.

Building your own PC is probably the easiest thing you can ever do. It can get somewhat challenging with software, but in terms of assembling the parts I can't understand why any person with normal intelligence would pay a company to build it for them (unless you are simply trying to buy the most affordable PC possible; dell HP etc).

But friend, JUST BUILD IT YOURSELF! You will definitely loose money if you go through that site, there is just no way around it.

:thup: +1 Just shop around on ebay, amazon and newegg, you will find a lot of good deal there, sometime free shipping too save you a few more buck.

Hey Knufire, I compared the setup you just showed me to cyberpowerpc.com with essentially the same parts. I see that cyberpower's site is almost $100-150 MORE than that setup you created. :) I'm probably going to create my own PC instead of buy it on their site now.

Hey Knufire, I compared the setup you just showed me to cyberpowerpc.com with essentially the same parts. I see that cyberpower's site is almost $100-150 MORE than that setup you created. :) I'm probably going to create my own PC instead of buy it on their site now.

:facepalm: that's what Knufire has been trying to tell you.

If you look around (google shopping, pcpartpicker.com, using combo deals, microcenter.com, etc.) you may actually be able to save more than that.

Perhaps it might be beneficial to read some of the "what do you think of my build" or "help me put together a XXXX dollar build" - should give you lots of ideas AND show you what type of cashola you could be saving.

Have fun!:thup:

Glad to hear you've made that decision. You'll have a lot more pride in your rig building it yourself. :thup:

Back