• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you overclock B75 chipset motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, the BIOS for that board has a full range of overclocking related options.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8B75-M/E7142_P8B75-M.pdf

The CSM version is the Corporate Stable Model, but its BIOS options should be no different than the vanilla P8B75-M.

redduc900,

Thanks for a quick reply...this sounds good. I am kinda rusty on OCing new technology...I was good with 775 sockets. According to asus support "This motherboard is intended for the corporate environment and is limited in overclocking-can only change base clock" - How would that work with 2500k cpu?

Thanks in advance,
xcaldk74

Figure a max. BCLK of 104-106MHz and max. Turbo freq. of 3.7GHz (x37 mult.) on 1 active core = a max. clock speed of 3.84-3.92GHz.

Hi so if i get a B75 chip set i can overclock the cpu? :O and whats the exact diffrent from Z77 and B75 only overcloacking?

hmm:( thats making me crazy i have to pay 3200$ if i get a Z77 here in iran whitout Z77 mine is now 2300-2400-2700$

hmm:( thats making me crazy i have to pay 3200$ if i get a Z77 here in iran whitout Z77 mine is now 2300-2400-2700$
This is a year old thread my man...LOL!

You are saying a Z77 motheboard is $500-$900??????? :shrug:

Come on, even in Iran prices aren't that bad, are they?

The CPU speed is determined by the base clock X the multiplier. At stock speeds, the base clock is 100MHz and the multiplier is 35 = 3500MHz or 3.5GHz.

On B75, you can only increase the base clock. Since the base clock is tied to everything through different multipliers (RAM multiplier, etc), it gets unstable very fast when you increase it. You can only get to 105 or so. 105x35=3675. If you turn off all the cores except one, it can "turbo" to 37, so you get about 3.9GHz (ONLY WITH ONE CORE).

With Z77, you can change the CPU multiplier, which is way easier. 100x45 = 4.5GHz, easy. You don't have to worry about the speed of anything else changing since when you change the CPU multiplier, only the CPU changes.

it isnt actually 900$ but when i keep collect money and weee! u got 1000 lets say ziros! a money now iran plans to make a bomb! usa bann iran and everything now befor this my 1000ziros was 1000$ now my 1000ziros jumped to 300$ for mme it feels like i losted my money and got 300ziros but not accualy also in iran whitout this prices are 30%+ if found because of the shipping price!

wow thats awesome whit z77:) maybe my father let me to pay that much once! i got around 4k money but my father dont let me pay that much for only a pc and sadly payed 2300 for my S4 :!

:( btw i also can't overclock ram? i mean can't OC anything expect the Graphics card?

Last edited by a moderator:
god damn it btw i will started doing this OC Ramns and stuff after some time :! then when i can afford it! even i may found the z77 in the rian shops im going there tomarrow i will psot results here:p many thanks for ur helps awesome forum:p

Post results in your own thread... not this nearly year old one. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

Back