• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cannot get into bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

I have a Toshiba L745 that, prior to trying to reinstall windows, was fully functioning. My plan was to sell it for a couple of bucks.

I tried using the windows reset feature to do a fresh install of windows and delete personal data... this resulted in what I assume is a corrupted MBR because I get an error "An operation system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"... I made a windows install usb but cannot get to the bios or boot selector.

I can boot to a CD (ie memtest) but everytime i try to burn a windows dvd I get an error....

So far I have tried tapping and/or holding all of the F keys after hitting the power button. I also tried removing the battery for several minutes and then reinserting, however, i never see the bios post screen.

Any ideas on how to get to the boot selector?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Found it! hold F2 before pressing the power button.

Yes, getting into the bios on many laptops can be challenging. There are a lot of different combinations they employ. Lenovo even has a special hardware button on the edge you have to push in order to get into bios.

Back