• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cannot get SLI to re-enable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Hey all,

A quick background: SLI was working perfectly fine through Saturday in my 24/7 OS (which was the last time that I had used it). I have been benchmarking for most of the weekend on a separate drive/OS and was working with no issues in SLI. I decided that I wanted to run some single-card benches so I turned off the PCI-E slot on my MIVE (via the dip switch) and ran the benchmarks - no issues.

Today I decided that I was pretty much done benchmarking and booted back into my 24/7 OS to see that the second videocard (per device manager)
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I've swapped the cards (changed their positions from slot 1->4 and 4->1), uninstalled my nVidia drivers (multiple times), reinstalled the drivers (multiple times), updated my MIVE's BIOS, downgraded the drivers, ran driver sweeper, tried multiple SLI bridges (on far side, on near side, and two at the same time). No matter what I try the cards look like this in device manager:
d3fUw.jpg

Thus I cannot see the SLI settings in nVidia control panel. GPU-Z sees both cards, although says 'BIOSVersion: Unknown" for the second one (possibly because it isn't functioning 100%, but works just fine by itself)

Any ideas that don't involve me formatting fresh?

Last edited:
Have you tried installing both vid card cards and clearing the BIOS?? and maybe it will see them both again?? And make sure you have it set all the way down.. little things happen and are easy to look over.. Good luck!

Thanks, the BIOS sees the card no problem. And I have attempted at clearing the BIOS as well (including updating the BIOS to a newer one for the heck of it). Will try it again though I suppose.

i had the same problem not to long ago.. thats what i had to do... it was a pain in the A$$ to get it back working.. i have to take them out and clear the bios and default it and then add one card at a time.. then had to add the bridge last to get back working.. it was really mad just like you :)

Just an update:

I got it working. For whatever reason Windows did not like the BIOS edit (more voltage options) that I did on the Matrix card. Granted by itself the card works with 0 issues, but for whatever reason the hardware IDs were matching up or conflicting or something with it and the Zotac both installed (no matter the PCI-E slot). I flashed the Matrix's BIOS back to it's original and re-flashed the Zotac to be safe. Rebooted and BAM SLI&Physx settings were back. I will have to test this again in the future, but remembering to keep this in mind.

Glad ya got it.. and thanks for the update :) its always something small that can make all the diff.. Computers are weird!!! :)

Back