• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cannot Use IE After Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I also think IE11 has a lot of issues. But I can't go back to Win 8 because I bought the 8.1 version.

Anyway, for the time being, it's only IE11. Everything else is fine. If M$ wants me to go over to Chrome, then so be it.

I love it, and recommend neat bookmarks, hover hound and rescroller extensions

Because Internet Explorer is now a Windows feature in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8, you can't uninstall it. However, you can turn it off. To do this, go to turn off windows features. After you turn off Internet Explorer and then restart your computer, Internet Explorer will be removed from your computer. Then you can also turn the Internet Explorer Windows feature back on to reinstall it on your computer.

After you turn off Internet Explorer and then restart your computer, Internet Explorer will be removed from your computer. Then you can also turn the Internet Explorer Windows feature back on to reinstall it on your computer.

I tried this yesterday but it didn't work.

No, I have not reset IE settings. When IE tries to connect to a website it blanks out all the options in Settings. So I can't do a reset. I mean when I start IE it tries to connect to my Home Page. I can't stop it. All I can do is close IE.

I know I can troubleshoot and solve the problem. But I don't want to waste the time and effort. Chrome is sufficient at the present moment. I'll just wait for M$ to come up with a fix.

Thank you everybody.
That or just use Firefox and turn the silly thing off.

Was using Pale Moon x 64 awhile but it seems a bit Borked lately.

First thing I always do on a rebuild *shrug*

Back