• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Boot of SATA drive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yunalesca

Registered
First off, let me explain what has happened:

In july, I asked my parents for a 36.6 gig raptor for my 18th bday (ive just begun getting into hardware). But because they procrastinated getting it they missed the sale on the ones at frys (realy god deal). So instead they got me an OEM from Newegg, no instructions. I created a thread, which I cant find, and managed to get the drive installed, runing, I can put things on and off if I boot from my other hd, and I managed to install windows on it from my Vaio Recovery disk.

Now then, if I changed the boot order from my IDE to my SATA drive, I get what appears to be windows booting for ain instant (windows logo and bar for XP), then I get this:

SATAError.txt

Heres where im stumped, I have no idea what this means. The one thing I can think of is that the PCI card im using so that my SATA drive can connect to my aging mobo requires the software (which never seemed to do anything) to be installed by hitting F6 during installation, HOWEVER, vaio recovery disk never give you the option to hit F6...I dont know if this is an easy and common problem, or a rare and 'im screwed' problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The installation thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=316346

Last edited:
Back