• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant break 290

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

retsgtcas

I can't break 290 on my ATI 9500 Pro ( L ) but I have taken the core up to 375 and I only got some artifacts after 3 hours of play...

Do I need Ram Sinks and if so, what are some good ones ???

I do have a VGA Silencer installed on it.

P.S. What do I need to "glue" the Ram sinks to the memory ???

Ramsinks arent gonna help you much... maybe bring you up to 295mhz if you put em on right.

Its your RAM chips what determines how much you can OC, do you know what your chips are rated to?

Are they Samsung 3.3ns or Infineon?

Nice core OC though... thats sweet -- when I had my 9500pro with the Zalman on it my max with a powerful 80mm side fan for core was 360:(

Thats why I have a 9800P now :D

I can get it higher then 290, but I get artifacts... Would it be written on the back of the card what type of RAM it is ??? I really dont want to take off the VGA just to see the type of RAM.

But a 9800P would be nice ;)

The numbers are written on your ramchips. Btw, there never was an L shaped 9500pro, and they didnt mod. Only the np's.

Back