• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't delete files...permissions problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I made my logon an administrator, but I can't delete files on secondary hard drives! I'd like to clean up these HDDs to free up some space...they mainly contain backup files of Windows folders that are way old...what can I do?

n57dbDd.jpg

While I'm asking...there is a program I'm trying to remember the name to. I have 2 different versions of Windows that I am asked to select from when booting, and this program allows me to delete the ones I don't want to use. Anyone know the program?

Awesome...I was able to take control of the files and delete the folders I wanted to!

MSCONFIG wasnt what I was looking for. There is an executable file that allows you to modify things.....Its called something like OBDsomethingorother

EDIT: While I'm at it...I have a drive that I've split into 2 smaller drives. One of them has a few hundred GB of copied DVD's. Whats the best way to re-combine the drive without losing those DVDs that I saved?

Last edited:
If you click the link on msconfig, it brings you to a post of mine where I show how to delete entries.

OBD is on-board diagnostics, usually for cars.
ODB is a connection to a database.
I really don't think either of those will do what you need unless you intend to run your computer over with your car.

If you click the link on msconfig, it brings you to a post of mine where I show how to delete entries.

I really don't think either of those will do what you need unless you intend to run your computer over with your car.

Thanks, that was really helpful!I did that already, but I'm still trying to figure out the program that I used to use to modify windows settings. its was a 3rd party freeware program

LOL....one day I might run it over....I just have the program name confused. It was such a good freeware program!

While I'm asking...there is a program I'm trying to remember the name to. I have 2 different versions of Windows that I am asked to select from when booting, and this program allows me to delete the ones I don't want to use. Anyone know the program?

Thanks, that was really helpful!I did that already, but I'm still trying to figure out the program that I used to use to modify windows settings. its was a 3rd party freeware program

LOL....one day I might run it over....I just have the program name confused. It was such a good freeware program!

I'm not sure what you used, I couldn't find anything starting with ODB or OBD. StartupCPL was used in the pre-7 days for managing start up registry keys and applications, but that's all I can think of.

Either way, MSConfig can edit the boot.ini for you, which is what allows you to pick different OSes to load from.

HOW5000713B-002.jpg

Back