• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant enter my bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hollywood96

okay so here's the story I have gotten into my bios plenty of times uk trying to learn about it and stuff but now I actually feel confident enough to go ahead and do it and it wont let me enter my bios I have flashed the bios and I updated it to the latest bios. I haven't tried it with the latest yet though so
I'm going to go try that now and will update you in a second. in the mean time any suggestions :bang head

Not even an hour and a BUMP? This is a forum, not an IM client kind sir... be patient... :). Also, where is your update?

Perhaps you are not hitting delete fast enough? There shouldnt be a reason you can't get into the bios. Just reboot and start rapidly hitting the delete key...

the no help wasn't like help me that was like updating it didn't help i.e my update sorry I guess I should be more specific but no I hit it fine but it like freezes when I do.
I have an asus maximus VI hero lga 1150 and on it it has an led code sign well whenever I hit f2 or del it just freezes up no code changing and no motion on the screen I looked up what the code was and its nothing that would indicate an error its just a basic run code that pops up everytime I turn on my computer. the only reason it gets stuck on that one everytime is because that's the code that stays onboard when im at that bios screen do you think that like unplugging a certain something would make it work or maybe chage the port of my keyboard?

Ahhh, gotcha! Note, there is an edit button you can use to prevent double+ posting. :)

Anyway, doesnt that board have dual bios? If so, can you get to the other bios that you didnt flash?

What is the code exactly?

EDIT: How about you create a signature so we know what hardware you have... (USER CP -> EDIT SIGNATURE)

press the button switch , bottom right on your mobo shut down reboot hit the button . this is to enter the bios

Ahhh, gotcha! Note, there is an edit button you can use to prevent double+ posting. :)

Anyway, doesnt that board have dual bios? If so, can you get to the other bios that you didnt flash?

What is the code exactly?

EDIT: How about you create a signature so we know what hardware you have... (USER CP -> EDIT SIGNATURE)

im not sure about that dual bios thing but that button that your talking about directkey? correct and its a2 one sec ill get you the exact wording
and ik I needa do that

okay so its ide detect
EDIT:apolgize for my forum noobiness

Last edited by a moderator:
Back