• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't find Zotac waterblock! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aryonas

I have a Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition (ZT-90107-10P) and I can't find a fullcover water block to fit it anywhere! Oh my god it's making me crazy! :bang head

EK told me that their GTX 980 waterblocks will fit, but if you compare the block and the PCB they CLEARLY won't work at all!

This is the EK link the rep made for me:

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/...ght=600&width=500&inline_id=vga_example_table

Any help would be great, I really want to tie this card into my water cooling setup.

I have a Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition (ZT-90107-10P) and I can't find a fullcover water block to fit it anywhere! Oh my god it's making me crazy! :bang head

EK told me that their GTX 980 waterblocks will fit, but if you compare the block and the PCB they CLEARLY won't work at all!

This is the EK link the rep made for me:

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/...ght=600&width=500&inline_id=vga_example_table

Any help would be great, I really want to tie this card into my water cooling setup.

After searching, I would take their word for it than. Those options are your best bet, especially hearing it from them.

:welcome: to OCFs, btw. :D

If they say it will fit, it should. If it doesn't return it.

The problem with all the custom models is there are not a lot of blocks out for them. Zotac isn't exactly ASUS/MSI/Giga either...

To my eyes it looks like it would fit perfectly. There seems to be two editions of those cards.. One is called Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition and one Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition.
The standard? extreme edition has funny PCB and the core edition has what looks like standard height PCB.

If you look at the pictures of the PCB and the Block, you can clearly see that the screw holes do not line up at all. Also, on the longer Blocks the right sight of the block would hit the capacitors on the PCB!

If you look at the pictures of the PCB and the Block, you can clearly see that the screw holes do not line up at all. Also, on the longer Blocks the right sight of the block would hit the capacitors on the PCB!

Screws on the top side of the block are only to secure the top of the block in place. There are separate mounting points on the copper base.

c99f4cd9_back_800.jpeg gtx980_pcb_34607_89992.jpg

EDIT: excuse my little error with the coloring. I have marked the two screws near the IO plate of the card red instead of yellow

Nice explanation Waza. It looks compatible to me let alone being told by EK themselves.

Back