• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get 5.1 correctly to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

I got a set of Turtlebeach DX12 headset today to replace the X12 I broke. apparently the only difference is that the DX comes with a sound processing using that gives you surround sound instead of stereo. the unit uses SPDIF and I have it hooked up to a Xonar DGX sound card and im using the custom UNi drivers. the processing unit had a light indicating when its using Dolby or not. Im not too concerened about movies and such but really wanted to be able to play BF4 with surround headphones. I have BF4 with surround enabled and on home theater but it just wont work

so far I have not been able to get anything but stereo to play except when in the windows sound property window and I do a test for the Dolby Digital format (DTS doesn't work). then the components Dolby light turns on and it definitely sounds like surround should work.

im still pretty new to anything audio so idk where to go from here. been fiddling with everything for hours already

this is the processing unit
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/dolby-processor-accessories/ear-force-dss2/33

Back