• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Magnifi Mini Soundbar and PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

npk21

I would like to connect my Magnifi Mini Soundbar to PC.

Pc Specs
B450E Rog motherboard
Sapphire R390 gfx card
4k monitor

Scenario 1) Magnifi Mini has Hdmi Arc port and spdif, so i connected it to my motherboard spdif port, and cudnt play dolby , even the sound on any media player plays too low and compressed, I hv used default drivers since ROG drivers for some reason have stopped working on windows 10.

Scenario 2) Tried connecting it with Xonar DX card, there was no output, after installing modified unixonar drivers, soundbar could play dolby audio and was 100% louder compared to my onboard audio, but there is lot of static now and my soundcard is damaged after using it for so many years, neither the card is available in market anymore.

Scenario 3) How if i try to connect the soundbar to a Reciever from Onkyo.. Will it work? How do I connect it to my PC ? And the soundbar does not have Hdmi port, but it has only one Hdmi Arc Port...

Out of these three scenarios, what will you suggest me?
Will onboard audio give me better results if I try some other drivers?
Should I get any other sound card ?
Or should I invest into any Amp Receiver?

can you not turn off dolby on the soundbar to nullify the low audio and compression?

I cannot manually switch dolby on or off on that soundbar.. And i need dolby on for bright sound...

If you're truly open to the idea of a receiver and a small set of bookshelf speakers I'd go that way - IMHO a true 2.0/2.1 setup almost always has a leg up sound quality wise on an equivalently priced soundbar.

That being said, if you want to stick with the soundbar, and they do have their own advantages - how's your monitored hooked up?

You can try the HDMI ARC port, just run a cable between the GPU (or onboard if you have it) and the soundbar. I *thought* that SPDIF didn't compress stereo, only surround - but know HDMI has higher audio bandwidth so it shouldn't compress at all.

But if you're looking for a brighter sound you can just use an equalizer to bump the high end a little...

Last edited:
Nope...I have tried that.. I connected hdmi port from soundbar to gpu hdmi port, windows did not identify any sound..

I have tried everything... It seems that i cannot play soundbar via onboard hdmi or gfx hdmi as my bar has only 1 Hdmi Arc port...

Back