• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get any sound anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jakey

Registered
I had to get a new power supply because my old one failed. I installed the new one and turned the pc on fine.
Only problem is i now cant get any sound. My sound card is the asus xonar DX. I have the power connected up to it. In the Xonar DX control centre it shows that something is playing(bars going up and down).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sound card, i have tried disabling it and using the onboard but still cant get any sound.

Does anyone know anything else i can try?

Thanks..

The failed PSU might have got to that certain chip for your sound.(Might!!, Not saying 100%) Im sure you checked the bios for onboard sound to be on/off. DO you have access to another PC to make sure that your sound card is still good? ANd what about one of them USB sound cards?

The failed PSU might have got to that certain chip for your sound.(Might!!, Not saying 100%) Im sure you checked the bios for onboard sound to be on/off. DO you have access to another PC to make sure that your sound card is still good? ANd what about one of them USB sound cards?

I will try the sound card in another computer tomorrow.

Also i forgot to mention that when turned on the speakers make a loud high pitched buzzing sound. I have tried plugging the speakers into my phone and they work fine.

Back