• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get Crucial Ram to light up on MSI x570 Gaming PLus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

Hello all!

I have the DDR4-3600 Crucial Ballistix Ram with the MSI X570 Gaming Plus mother board and I can't get them to light up.

I don't see an option in Mystic light and anything I click doesn't seem to work
I get the error "Ballistix Modules with LEDs not detected"
Don't see an option in NZXT CAM

I'm new to light up ram, so is there an option in the bios I need to enable?

It should work by default and run at rainbow mode or something similar. To manage RGB, download software from the Crucial website. MSI software can't handle some RAM brands.

Interesting. My Crucial Ballistix memory shows up in Mystic Light.

I had no idea that Crucial had an application for their memory. It even shows the temperatures. That in a way annoys me that Corsair does not report the temperatures of the modules in iCue like they do with their own memory. However it also doesn't show up in HWMonitor either.

It should work in hwinfo64 which usually has more sensor readings for various devices.

It should work in hwinfo64 which usually has more sensor readings for various devices.

You're correct. I tried and it does in fact report there. Thank you. I'm thinking HWInfo will be my go to monitoring program now and HWMonitor can be uninstalled. I wish Corsair would have set iCue to read the sensors.

Here is my ram. For refrence:
ram 3600.PNG

I have HWINFO64. Here is that:
h64ram.PNG

Don't see anywhere to control it.

In the Crucial mod software, here is my error:
mod.PNG

In mystic light here is what I see (none of the Motherboard leds seem to be working, even though mystic light says they should be):
mystic.PNG

Of note, I am using CAM to control my fans and z63 water block

I wouldn't run all these monitoring apps simultaneously... you'll get erroneous readings and things not working.

Oh dear...

Well son of a.....I coulda have sworn...I guess there is ram that looks Identical that's RGB lol

Well son of a.....I coulda have sworn...I guess there is ram that looks Identical that's RGB lol

There is. The RAM I have in my i9 system has RGB but the modules in my mining machines have the same heat spreader with no RGB and itÂ’s hard to tell them apart at first glance.

Back