• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't manage to run ripjaws x (ddr3) at 1t stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElDavo

Hello!
I have lots of experience with PCs, but this is my first time with overclocking... so be patient with me please :)
So, while I'm waiting for thermal paste so I can OC my CPU, I OCed my BCLK (106.4MHz), my GPU and I'm currently trying to overclock my RAM.
In another thread on this forum I've read that setting the command rate to 1T will make benchmarks go slightly faster, so I'm looking for a 1T stable configuration but... I can't find it! :(
To test, I'm using prime95 with minimum fft set to 2048kb, time for fft to 60 mins.

Mobo: P8P67 Deluxe 1.x
CPU : 2600k
RAM: 4x4GB G.skill Ripjaws x f3-12800cl9-4gbxl
Stock profile: 1334mhz 1.5v 9-9-9-24-1t
XMP profile: 1600mhz 1.5v 9-9-9-24-2t
Everything is stable at stock and XMP, but with this configuration it is not:
1984mhz (remember bclk), 1.7v (vccio 1.2v) 9-11-11-21-1t
(note: I set these high voltages just to find out the best settings, I'm going to lower them soon)
Passmark Memtest86 shows some errors after at least 4-5 hours of test 6-7-8-9, but prime95 looks faster and fails within 2 hours (expected rounding error) with 1t.
I tried loosening primary timings but it didn't help. The very same configuration with 2T is perfectly stable.

Is there any hope for me to get a 1t configuration? Could the secondary timings be involved with this (i left set them to auto) ? Should I just give up and use 2T?

Thank you,
David

Use 2T.
XMP uses 2T for a reason, and you're overclocking higher than that.

Sigh, ok, I will find the best timings with 2T... Waiting for other people to tell us their opinion

Honestly, the difference between 1T and 2T isn't even noticeable in anything short of benching Pi.

I agree with Scotty. You're wasting time and effort for nothing switching from 2T to 1T. Unless you're benching your ram, it's a waste. Don't bother unless you're a fan of instability.

Back