• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant OC a hz over 2.2ghz on 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seabee

I cant seem to get it a hz over 2.2ghz. My load temp never ever goes over 47C, normal load temp is 45c, so I dont believe it is a heat problem. My MB of course doesnt support vcore changing, but I can change the vcore right on the CPU. I am currently running 11x200 at 1.74v. I can P95 for 10+ hours and Memtest for 9+ with those settings.

Once I attempt to put it up to either 11.5x200 or 11x205(cant go anyhigher with FSB cuz board can not lock AGP/PCI) P95 fails after only 10-30 seconds(I also up the vcore to 1.8). I have done hours and hours of "burn-in", both by full vcore and minimal CPU speeds , lowest possible vcore with highest CPU speeds and neither have yielded any progress.

The only possiblity I can think of is my memory, but wouldnt that affect FSB more than multi(I have even tried to put CPU at 18x133 and still nothing over 2.2ghz)? PSU seems fine. So this is the point I am stuck at. Any help from some of you veteran OCers?????

Last edited:
Is that a VIA chipset board? If so, your AGP/PCI bus isn't locked, which is killing you.

That it is(KT600), I understand why I cant go higher FSB. It is the mulit that I am wondering about. Stepping is AXDA2400DKV3C Z330784270389
AIXIB0337SPMW

Multi IS unlocked.

IT's a tbred and @ 50c it might be maxed out you might want to try and cool it alitte better maybe add a fan duct to go to the cpu and see if you cant get alower temp. The cpu may be maxed out. Also have you tried higher muitl and lower fsb 12x190?

I have tried lower FSBxHigher Multi, all the way down to 17/18x133. As soon as this thing get a BIT over 2.2ghz, I get nothing. As far as the temp, I meant 47c was the max I have ever seen it, usually sticks around 45c under load P95.

Back