• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Run HyperX Savage at 1866 on X58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masterdev

Hi,

I bought two kits of DDR3 1866 and can't get it running at 1866MHz.

Kits:
HyperX Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
HyperX Savage 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)

Same specs, same timings, voltage... everything matches.

Motherboard: ASUS P6T7 WS SC
CPU: Xeon X5690

I tried XMP, but that didn't do anything. Shame for the extra price!

How do I get those sticks to run at 1866? I'm OK with a bit extra CPU OC (4 - 4.2 GHz), if needed.

Right now the memory boots by default at 1333.

There are 2 XMP profiles, at 1600 and 1777 those won't boot at all, I can't even see the BIOS' initial message screen.
I see my motherboard key looping between two codes, which change so fast that I can't tell what the error codes are.

You will mostly need to bump that VTT(qpi/dram on Asus) voltage to make it work that fast.

Or it may not work at all. Uncore has to be at least twice as fast as ram, so you'll need over 3700mhz there. Even if you get it to boot, you'll need very very good amount of voltage to have them stable. Fast ram+triple channel(?)+lots of gb= HARD on x58 :)

Good luck.

Why would he need to overclock it? My Asus p6t allows me to set 1866 and all other multis with stock cpu speed.

BTW, have you tried them(ram kits) separately? Do they boot that way? Mixing sticks don't work well. I tried.

Why would he need to overclock it? My Asus p6t allows me to set 1866 and all other multis with stock cpu speed.

BTW, have you tried them(ram kits) separately? Do they boot that way? Mixing sticks don't work well. I tried.

With these types of xeons, we don't have the same memory dividers. He was most likely at completely stock clocks trying to get his ram to work at 800 or 933mhz. It wont work. You need to up the bclk.

Max values I use for 24/7 1.375 vcore, 1.39 vtt, 1.15 ioh.

I'm pretty sure that I suck at overclocking.

I AI tweaked the BIOS and now the initial boot loop is gone. I end up with FF codes C5 (Wake Up AP), 03 (S3), 05 (S5). There was a really good guide based on those codes what was over or under voltaged and what needs to be changed, but I can't find it.

Here's my OC:
CPU Ratio: x23
BCLK: 186
PCIE: 100
DRAM: 1864MHz
UCLK: 3728MHz
QPI: 6713MT/s
CPU Voltage: 1.31875
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.88
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage: 1.6 (this memory is rated at 1.5v)

IOH and ICH values are at their lowest, not on AUTO.

I'm pretty sure that I suck at overclocking.

I AI tweaked the BIOS and now the initial boot loop is gone. I end up with FF codes C5 (Wake Up AP), 03 (S3), 05 (S5). There was a really good guide based on those codes what was over or under voltaged and what needs to be changed, but I can't find it.

Here's my OC:
CPU Ratio: x23
BCLK: 186
PCIE: 100
DRAM: 1864MHz
UCLK: 3728MHz
QPI: 6713MT/s
CPU Voltage: 1.31875
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.88
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage: 1.6 (this memory is rated at 1.5v)

IOH and ICH values are at their lowest, not on AUTO.

We have a guide here if that helps http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

Back