• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cascade water-block design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
likwidkool said:
Oh I can't wait. I just hope you got my email. Earthlink servers have been crapping out on me, but I don't want to bug you!;)

I've been a little slow in responding to emails. I've probably got it. Been rather busy setting up the website with my limited skills and making up blocks and attending to a group of people who rolled by my house to grab some.

Hey Cathar, if rolling by your house is what it's gonna take, I'm buying an airplane ticket!!:D

Just don't forget those of us across the ocean, man: hide a few of those blocks in case more people stop by;)

you know i do have 1 very big issue....

i havent had a good nights sleep in over a wek because i been dreaming about this damn block and designing the ultimate uber looking WC setup computer

im not joking . its taking me 2-3 hours to fall asleep because i will lay down and try my damndest not to think about it and the next thing you know im up again cause i cant sleep so im on the net .

i havent had a good nights sleep in over a wek because i been dreaming about this damn block and designing the ultimate uber looking WC setup computer

im not joking . its taking me 2-3 hours to fall asleep because i will lay down and try my damndest not to think about it and the next thing you know im up again cause i cant sleep so im on the net .

And I thought I had issues...:D

hehe its not just a water block for me.
you see i dont have any friends where i live here in japan really cause im married and have kids which means i dont have a lot of oprotunity to go do things other than with my wife which is nice but since all i do is work a 9-5 5days a week job and come home i need some kind of hobbie to keep me ocupied and currently the only other 2 things i do is lift weights and play online games but being as i have such bad hours for games i havent b\even been playing them much lately . so i focus on a hobby .
only problem is ipicked a really expencive one lol.
not to mention after years of running around the world with a weapon and an alice pack ( yes im a reired 18D ) my sleep habits are all screwed up and its taken me the past 4 years to even consider sleeping at a semi normal time .
hehe guess i do have some problems

so anyways ...... i wanna see my silver water block

and oh i love asian women so much i moved to japan =)

a quick question. hows the hydra gpu blocks coming? and will you also have a NB block too? i would love to have all 3 in a series with a 1250 or 1260 pump

Cathar said:

I've been a little slow in responding to emails. I've probably got it. Been rather busy setting up the website with my limited skills and making up blocks and attending to a group of people who rolled by my house to grab some.
So for the Latin American people, hope mine in 2006:(
joking:D

Cathar said:
The cup idea, to my knowledge, is actually a fairly new thing. I haven't been able to find any information on it either.

It works better than a non-cup implementation though for our needs.

Cup idea is not a new idea, some studies by Ekkad and Al. for exemple show that convective coefficient is higher using cups because there aren't any collisions and cross-flow between jets that create secondary stagnation zones in some cases. Geometrical ratios are specific to a certain impingement, it's not the same like on plate without cup (flow with cup is disrupted by a contrary flow).

All is already done about impingement in PhD thesis or technical studies (single jet or jet array) but on Google there is only a small part of them, you should go in a library with technical books about impingement, thesis papers about them like in some universities, all is written :)

Equilibrium between base thickness and impingement is not easy, the thermal resistance (Fourier+Rs and convective resistance) are bound and the thinnest base is not necessarily the best in comparison of the size of the jet grid and jet velocity, you decrease a very small resistance from the base but increase convective Rth...

I can't wait for my e-mail letting me know I'm next on the list. This will be my first waterblock, so I figured I might as well buy the best. Thanks for all the info you've provided on this thread Cathar. Great Work!

^Hawk^

Back