• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L2marsAhall8W

I just recently installed a D80SM-12S DC 12v case fan in my computer. I installed this case fan in the bottom front of my computer and I have it pushing air out. The thing is I can barely feel the air being pushed out the front. The vent holes are small on my outside casing which don't let air escape easily. So I'm wondering if the fan is meant to be blowing air onto the computer from where it is. The fan puts out a lot of air but it just isn't noticable out the front. Is it supposed to be like this or should I turnt he the fan around so it's intaking air and blowing it on my computer? I'm also wondering what a good temperature is for my system? Right now I'm running at 122F for the CPU temperture and about 84F for my MB temperature.

I own a :
AMD K6-2 350
Asus super 7 mainboard
voodoo3 1000 video card
128mb RAM

thanks
marshall

fans at the front usually put air INTO the computer. not exhaust it. if you want to exhaust air place the fan on top of the computer. a.k.a. blowhole.

Back