• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haroon158

Registered
Ok so i got 3 case fans there all 3 pin and have an adapator for molex to plug into the psu. But on the cable from the psu that plugs into the fan it has like 3 molex plugs but then at the end its got a 4 pin connection, do I plug that into the motherboard?

Would that be ok for 3 case fans plugged into 1 wire via the molex connections then at the end of the power cable the the 4 pin connection goes into the mobo? Would that not damage anything?

That one from the PSU with 3 molex and one 4 pin at the end is just a small 4 pin molex kinda connector. That one is used if you need it for a mini 12/5 V connector. Do NOT plug it into the mobo anywhere.

Yes you can run your 3 fans from that, generally fans dont draw that much power unless you have gone and bough some big deltas or something that draws allot of power. That mini 4 pin molex would be used if you have something like a floppy drive, the only thing I can think of that uses them. Like Conumdrum said dont plug that into your motherboard.

That one from the PSU with 3 molex and one 4 pin at the end is just a small 4 pin molex kinda connector. That one is used if you need it for a mini 12/5 V connector. Do NOT plug it into the mobo anywhere.

ups time to unplug lmfao.

is it possible to plug the 3 pin connection into the 4 pin connection on my mobo :p?

Yes but you will get no speed control. You can read about it on the mobo manual.

Since we have no idea what your mobo is or if it has PWM only fan outputs. Yours are 3 pin so you won't be able to adjust them probably.

Yes but you will get no speed control. You can read about it on the mobo manual.

Since we have no idea what your mobo is or if it has PWM only fan outputs. Yours are 3 pin so you won't be able to adjust them probably.

asus p8z77-v. & I mean like without using an adaptor on the 3 pin socket and just plug it straight into the mobo~?

Back