• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case led soldering????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

I recently get a blue led for my case today I try to solder it to the tail, but it just don't work, do I may burn it or what????? any help????? bad soldering???? :confused:

Could have the + and - the wrong way round remove it, turn it around and try it again!

LED's are Light Emitting Diodes so they are one way polarized devices. Its takes alot to burn out an LED without overvolting it. Check your polarization and look to see if the semiconductor element is discolored. If it is, it could be burnt out.

going to check right know... wait...... I just don't se a + or - on the led.... think I'm getting blind.... jejeje... welll try to resoldering and tell you what happend.... thanks

yep... you where right... bad soldering, just have to invert it and that is... thanks!!!!!!

there is a flat side on all LED's, right above the wires, if you look at one you will know what i mean. that is the negative wire.

Back