• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looks killer. about the vantec nexus, a while back i heard some horrible things about them (like when you turn your fans down to low speed for low noise, the controller starts buzzing louder than the fans, and vantec wont replace because they said it was normal) so make sure vantec is past that hurdle before you go installing one of their (admittedly) cool looking products.

And now my turn

P1010044.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010047.jpg

http://www.fiddler.be/e107_files/images/casemodding/review/wimcube/P1010049.jpg[/img]
P1010048.jpg

:clap: :)

I'm new to this forum so I though I would post pics of my rig to start things off. This is my gaming rig and all mods are done by me with more to come. I'm a 44 year old computer tech of 14 years and in his second child hood :twisted:

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

Case Specs:

ThermalTake Xaser ii with 400WATT Antec PSU
fans: 1 80mm(ThermalTake), 1 92mm(Tornado) front intakes. 2 92mm rear exhausts (1 TT Smart, 1 basic noname). 1 120mm 120Volt Side Blowhole with on/off switch.

Mods:

Custom cut side window. Lights 3 red LED spotlights, 1 12" red CCFL. Most wires tucked and tied behind the drive cages, rounded blue IDE cables.

System Specs:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard, 512MB samsung PC2700 DDR and 2500+ OCed to 2.2Ghz 11/200. Gainward(Gold Sample) nVidia GF4 ti4200 OCed (C-260/M-520). Harddrive 80GB Seagate 133/7200. HSF- ThermalTake 80mm(Smart) installed on a solid copper HS w/clear 80mm fan adapter to raise the fan and get rid of the "Dead Spot". Temps- 30C idle, 36C full load.

Future Mods: Top window, PSU Mod

Have some more things in mind but nothing firm for now.

Thanks for looking :D

ive been thinking about putting 2 blue cold cathodes behind the ANTEC logo the is stamped on both sides of the antec sonata.

Maze 2 and DD R9700 block.
site1036.JPG

Grundfos circulation pump.
site1034.JPG

Trench for "radiator" lined with plastic to keep dirt wet for heat transfer.
site1024.JPG

This "radiator" gets me 10-15C water under load 24/7. It's 50 feet of 3/4" copper pipe.
site1019.JPG

while we're on the subject of pelikan's idea... did you ever consider making like a corkscrew/doublehelix shape with the pipes so you could dig deep instead of long? or maybe that would be asking too much of the pump? just want to know how you decided on the shape you picked really. btw, awesome!

I picked the shape for the easiest digging with unrestrictive flow pattern.
The pump could handle a deep hole like you suggested but I could not.

hell yeah

HAHAAH here goes my transformed emachine!@!!!!! to all teh emachine cheap people like me you can do itttt..

Attachments

• last1.jpg
    last1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 5,049
Back