• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case/Radiator Fan Setup Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

conor1123

Hey guys, getting ready to setup my water cooling and had some questions. Been trying to find info all day but cant really find a great answer so i thought i would ask.

Will be running a 360 rad mounted into the top of my HAF-X case. I just need some input on what is the intake and exhaust.

Should i use the normal setup:
Front/Side 230mm(200mm??) intake
Back/Top exhaust - (bottom to top) 3x120mm -> 360 rad -> top case fans. Turning it into a push pull exhaust.

My problem is, i thought you would want cooler air flowing through the radiator and not the "exhaust" air. Or is airflow just airflow?

I am also running 2x580s in sli. So i was worried that the bottom intake fan would only really be cooling the gfx cards because its basically creating a second chamber in my case.

Let me know if you want any more info on my build

Any input is appreciated :)
Thanks

Pictures/diagrams always help.

To answer the first question, the colder the air going into the rad, the better it will cool. But if you want the rad mounted on the case for space/ aesthetics issues, you have to make sacrifices. The best solution is to mount your rad outside the case so that its intake/output is separate from the rest of the case.

There is also a watercooling subforum, but since this is sort of a case flow question I can't say if it belongs there.

Pictures/diagrams always help.

To answer the first question, the colder the air going into the rad, the better it will cool. But if you want the rad mounted on the case for space/ aesthetics issues, you have to make sacrifices. The best solution is to mount your rad outside the case so that its intake/output is separate from the rest of the case.

There is also a watercooling subforum, but since this is sort of a case flow question I can't say if it belongs there.

Yeah i wasn't really sure which section to post it in :p
91330cec_airflowo.jpeg
This is what i was oringally debating but then others just tell me to stick with the normal setup.

Last edited:
Back