• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case reccomendations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NavyDood said:
If size and price aren't really an issue, then go for this one at Server Case.

This will be my next case. People say that the airflow isn't that great, but there's an answer for that. It's called modding. :D

Grrrr... Fixed link. Thanks eXCeSS

Ew, look at all that plastic. If I were modding that I'd probably cover up the whole thing; metal texture, rusted seachest, raw sewage... something.

The Sonbata and the 3700 are not the same inside. The Sonata is wider, the hard drives are sideways, and the Sonata is a lot quieter than the 3700.

Nick Burns said:
The Sonbata and the 3700 are not the same inside. The Sonata is wider, the hard drives are sideways, and the Sonata is a lot quieter than the 3700.

This I know but I was refering to the CompuCase LX-6A19 that I linked to. Its the same case as the slk-3700. The only differences are the front bezel, paint job etc.

Hey Zap, where did you find that slot loading optical drive that you have in that picture? I have been looking for them, but I can't find any.

ZaP37 said:

Definitely go for a case with 120mm fans, and better yet, one with 120mm blowholes. Before I put these in, my case temp was around 35-8C; now it's 21C as I type this!

<- Click

yea the blow holes make a huge difference. I added a 120mm blow hole and 7volted the fan down to a really low speed. It still dropped my CPU load 5C.

I really like my lian li. With 6 stock fan holes, and 2 120mm holes cut in the top/bottom. I highly recommend the lian li' because of their high build quality, ease to use, extremly light compared to chieftech cases, and awesome look. I spent $180 on a case....but it makes it so much easier when I want to change something, to have all the room the lian li's provide. Not only are they wider, but they are a decent amount deeper, so if you have a long video card, you might have problems with hard drive mounting, or IDE cables going to cdrom drives...(brother has a chieftec full tower, and his TI4600 nearly touches his hard drives....)

Hey,

Has anyone got any UK websites where i can get a case.

I am looking for something about £80-£100, little less or little more can be done.

Ideally, i wouldnt mind a removable motherboard tray and many fan slots, but as you have said i want at least 1 if poss 2 120mm fan slots in it!

Has anyone got any reccomendations. Its alot to ask.

Space is also an issue, wouldnt mind having alot of it.

I have a PSU so i want a case without one!

Alot to ask, can anyone come up with anything!? Ive looked for so long

thanks for your time

Jonny

Nick Burns said:
Hey Zap, where did you find that slot loading optical drive that you have in that picture? I have been looking for them, but I can't find any.
It's a Pioneer 305S but I don't remember where I bought it. I think it only comes as a SCSI drive.

dude2 said:
Hey,

Has anyone got any UK websites where i can get a case.

I am looking for something about £80-£100, little less or little more can be done.

Ideally, i wouldnt mind a removable motherboard tray and many fan slots, but as you have said i want at least 1 if poss 2 120mm fan slots in it!

Has anyone got any reccomendations. Its alot to ask.

Space is also an issue, wouldnt mind having alot of it.

I have a PSU so i want a case without one!

Alot to ask, can anyone come up with anything!? Ive looked for so long

thanks for your time

Jonny

I think the case for you is the Lian Li PC-60. Comes with removable motherboard try, 4 spaces for 80mm fans, and easily moddable for 120mm fans for the top of the case. It has 6 hard drives spaces and 4 5.25 bays for cdroms and whatnot.

I live in the US, so I am not sure where in the UK you can get this. try google, and search for "Lian Li PC60 UK"

RangerJoe said:
I really like my lian li. With 6 stock fan holes, and 2 120mm holes cut in the top/bottom. I highly recommend the lian li' because of their high build quality, ease to use, extremly light compared to chieftech cases, and awesome look. I spent $180 on a case....but it makes it so much easier when I want to change something, to have all the room the lian li's provide. Not only are they wider, but they are a decent amount deeper, so if you have a long video card, you might have problems with hard drive mounting, or IDE cables going to cdrom drives...(brother has a chieftec full tower, and his TI4600 nearly touches his hard drives....)

Yeah Lian-Li is so great to work on. I almost began to take it for granted until I just built a prometia on the garbage enlight case they use. That extra width is real nice but like RangerJoe said the build quality is key. You don't have to twist and bed the motherboard tray to get it to fit, everything glides in like a knife through butter.

PS: if you are going to consider a Lian-Li there are a bunch of other models other than the PC60 that are nice. The PC-65 comes with a side window and there are some newer versions that have a whole bank of connectors on the front of the case that some may like.

In case you didn't know: The SLK3700AMB (and many other cases) can be purchased at Directron with no PSU included for a reduced price.

Deathknight said:

PS: if you are going to consider a Lian-Li there are a bunch of other models other than the PC60 that are nice. The PC-65 comes with a side window and there are some newer versions that have a whole bank of connectors on the front of the case that some may like.

Exactly, there are tons of models at newegg, www.pcmods.com has quite a few for a good price. pcmods has sales all the time too, I got my PC-75 (normally $220 for $180)

I just recommended the PC-60 because the full towers to not have removeable motherboard trays, and for cost reason, the PC-60 is plenty of case for *most* people.

i wish i coudl get a case premodded with 1 120 side, 120 top blowhole 120 exhuast and 120 front intake, is ther any places that can do modifications like ths for you?

seer33 said:
i wish i coudl get a case premodded with 1 120 side, 120 top blowhole 120 exhuast and 120 front intake, is ther any places that can do modifications like ths for you?

www.coolcases.com

Here for instance are some mods they do on what they call the THE D8000 which is a CompuCase LX-6A19 (which is what the antec slk-3700 is based on.. got it? hehe).

Anyways I have emailed them in the past with questions and they will do pretty much whatever you ask. They don't have a real fancy online order system but if you list out what fans etc you would like they could probably do it.

Does the Lian-Li PC60 come with a PSU? If not i think i need to get another one. Any suggestions on a good, stable, reliable PSU!?

thanks

j

enermax makes good PSU's i would gt a 430 watt if i were you...

oh, they might be 460 watt enermaxs now..but you know what i mean

none of the lian li's come with power supplies

dude, you might want to shorten your signature a little bit, you have gone over on the point scale

Back