• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case suggestion for hardline media system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garvo

I'm new around here and i'm starting my first hard line setup soon, i was looking for some recommendations on cases, full tower case that can house a top mounted rad (minimum 280mm prefer 360mm) and i would need at least 6-8 HDD bays and 2 SSD mounting points, all the cases i've found that are not way too big would require the HDD bays to be removed to fit reservoirs and pump sadly. Thanks :)

I would check out the link Silver posted as well as check out the Corsair 900D and the newly released monster, Corsair 1000D. (lol) Sorry I get the giggles when I reference the 1000D. It's just ridiculously massive and don't forget, such systems will be heavy when fully loaded. I'm guessing 80lbs-125+ lbs.

I would check out the link Silver posted as well as check out the Corsair 900D and the newly released monster, Corsair 1000D. (lol) Sorry I get the giggles when I reference the 1000D. It's just ridiculously massive and don't forget, such systems will be heavy when fully loaded. I'm guessing 80lbs-125+ lbs.
Geez! that case is HUGE!!

its a 65lb case empty. Id imagine it hitting 85 when loaded. :)

Though im guessing either fall under the "way too big" the OP mentioned.

Along with what blay said, what is your budget?

Also the 1000D (surprisingly) doesn't meet OP's number of drive bay requirements.

While we're waiting for overall size restrictions check out Cooler Master Cosmos II/Cosmos II 25th edition and Fractal Designs Define series. R4, R5, and R6 look to be good candidates. I actually wasn't aware of the R6 until today. It looks to be the 900D for Fractal. Pretty impressive.

Edit: Links Added

Cosmos II

Fractal R6

Last edited:
I dont have a size restriction so to say, although something the the previously mentioned 1000D might be a tad bit over skill as will the slate

Correction:

I meant to mention I hadn't seen the Nanoxia Deep silence 6 before today. It's pretty impressive. (too many tabs open LOL).

Linky

While we're waiting for overall size restrictions check out Cooler Master Cosmos II/Cosmos II 25th edition and Fractal Designs Define series. R4, R5, and R6 look to be good candidates. I actually wasn't aware of the R6 until today. It looks to be the 900D for Fractal. Pretty impressive.

Im looking into the cosmos 2 25th anniversary edition (breaks my size limit but i've given up on that i'l just build a new desk)
It should meet my requirements having 11 dedicated 3.5" bays and a full tempered glass side panel.

If any members reading have experience with building in the cosmos 2 could you please reply and let me know what the space is like after a full liquid loop :)

I've finally settled on the cosmos 2 25th edition, gonna do my best to get the full loop to fit without sacrificing the HDD bays, if i fail i'l just have to spend a little more to create a mini NAS system for my storage. although i reckon if i risk HDD failure with 2 10TB HDDS i could possible get away with just them mounted to the back of my board tray with the SSDs, cheers for the help and hopefully i'l get some build pictures up soon :)

Please do. It's what I live for these days since I don't have the current funds to build my own. Lol

Back