• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case with watercooling installed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jb77

Registered
Hi

I am a newbie and looking at building a high spec system up from the ground, Want it to be pretty silent but also ready for high load running. Am considering watercooling but given my newbie status thought it would be best to buy a case with watercooling readily installed. Any recommendations?

The only pre-installed system I can think that is worth anything is the swiftech/antec P180 combo and even it is overpriced and under performing. You would be much better off putting your own system together.

being a noob i would say go for a high end air setup you can under volt fans and make them quiet hell i have 10 in my cm690 and can barely hear them at 7 volts get good cooling for the cpu and gfx and good air movement and you would be set and no leak problems to be afraid of

Is that self built or something easy to diy, any suggestions welcome.

they have a lot of closed loop systems you can buy like the corsair nautilus it comes preassembled just put on the waterblock and place the rad/fan combo somewhere and you're set, it might not be as good as custom loops but its a start

if, as you say, you are a bit of a no0b then you will also be new to oc'ing. if i am right you probably don't need water cooling yet. If you want water cooling anyway get a closed loop setup [like the mentioned swiftech ones], or even better, find someone local that can do a custom setup for you.

If you decide not to go the water route take a look at the Thermalright Ultra-120. You can pair it up with any fan you want. Remember you can always get a higher performance fan and just put it on a fan controller to turn down the speed when you don't need it.

Thanks, sorry for the newbie question but the Thermalright Ultra-120 would come in addition to the fans in teh case?

Back