• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Caselabs files for bankruptcy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I liked their single wide Magnums. But throw in a few nice options (almost must haves on a case that size/price, and you're over $1000. Champagne taste, but a beer drinkers wallet for me. It is a shame, though. I still like the idea of really nice stuff being out there.

sad to see them go :( like most, i priced out my ideal case and promptly choked on the price displayed. i think that was the biggest problem with their business model. just to friggin expensive to justify!

I remember hearing they used to be priced down with everyone else, then once they'd built a rep as being the best of the best, they started charging a premium. You were paying for the privilege of saying you had a CaseLabs case, kind of like how Apple's name is 3/4 of the cost of their products.

I probably never would have bought from them. Lian-Li has some sick looking cases too, and have plenty that are still cheaper than CaseLabs. I think the CL appeal was the monstrous size. Linus Sebastian put two systems in one of their cases for running 7 gaming VMs simultaneously. I guess they were appealing to the people that wanted to build a server without buying a rack and a rack style case, but I almost wonder if the rack and rack style chassis wouldn't have been cheaper. :rofl:

The biggest appeal on case labs cases were the options and flexbility when designing it, size be damned. Canned case MFG like Lian-Li etc do not offer a custom case from what is essentially the ground up.

Mountain Mods and maybe Danger Den were the only direct competition to Caselabs and even that is a stretch.

Agreed, it is sad to see them go but all the competition these days had to make it hard to draw new clients at their prices. I've always liked their products and wouldn't consider many of my build typical but I never could justify the cost of buying their products for any. Pretty weak to blame tariffs though. :escape:

Back