• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron 600on microstar ms 6178 v1.0a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trapper

i nearly bleww pc up as i cranked it up to full first time but after some searching got an online manual for mobo and reset via mobo jumper switches and started again and im unsure what the score is but it only swallows 1 move up to 677 mhz and try as i may nowt higher i tryed using the prog CPU-FSB but it just hangs when i pump it up even a ball hair more than 677.I fired another cpu fan practically on to the side of the heatsink an fan for more cooling but 0.Ido not have a brand name PC i built it basic specs are ......celeron600,intel 810 chipset with onboard soUnd an graphics,190 sd-ram,15gb hdd ,cd-rom.cdr/rw.microstar ms-6178 v1a mobo,i have seen this cip clocked to 900 so why the brick wall for me??any way hope someone can help me out respect dudez.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

sometimes the Intel chipset's are not to overclocking freindly, also what brand of ram do you have? what front side bus [FSB] are you running? what corevoltage [CV] to your CPU are you running? do you know what kind of cellie 600 do you have? What are your temps at idle and under full load?

Once we find these things out we should be able to help you get a little more out of her.

goodluck

cheerz for the wellcome dude imgonna find out core voltage 4u as for how i sus the fsb im running im not sure how to find out ,Im on my mates pc the now due to temp phone glitches so when i get home ill get SANDRA out and get all the info u want bro ps. max respect for the response it really puts all the other forums to shame as usually getting asked what type of shoes im wearing and mega other irrelavant mince. cheers trapper

dont know what my temps r ne4ver mind an idle and full load figure nor do i know wot type of cellie i have other than the obvious (600mhz) but a bit poking about i got Genuine intel x86- Family 6 -Stepping 3 -Model 8-but i am unsure if this is relevant or not,im sure my FSB is 66mhz but might be wrong as i stupidly forgot to bring my S.A.N.D.R.A reaults with me on floppy(duh!!) but i got the cpu core at 1.47v and my ram is standard sd-ram ,1board of Winbond 64mb and a board of toshiba 130mbif you can instruct me how to retreive the other stats i will put them up for you but thats all i have just now,
I have a pretty resonable grasp of the pc and have used various progs well have mastered the ELVIS programmer and chip jerrolds,ps1&2 and burn a cd/dvd now and then for my fam and freinds so im sure i can handle this as from what i have read it should be a doddle, But then again anything is once ya know how!!And i refuse to swallow that my cellie can only max out at 677 :-(. respect dudez

Back