• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE CES 2023 – MSI Shows off PCIe 5.0 storage, New Laptops, Monitors, and other Gaming devices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

msifeat.jpg
Our next stop at CES 2023 was MSI's huge ballroom. Here we saw almost everything they had to offer. From laptops to monitors to keyboards and graphics cards, they had something to show off in almost every category. While we won't cover everything here, we will show some highlights of the PCIe 5.0 storage (Spatium M570/M570 Pro), GK71 keyboard with Blue switches, Titan, Raider, and Stealth laptops, and more.
Click here to read more!

Yes, looking at the new logo, I have only one question "why?".
I feel like MSI is working much more on expanding its product portfolio than improving motherboards or graphics cards. They improve monitors, laptops, and everything else, while motherboards and graphics cards are somehow pretty average recently.

Could it be that average motherboards and graphics cards sell the most and are most profitable?

I agree tho. My 3080 Gaming X Trio wasn't anything special and was loud. For $760 I expected a cooling system that didn't scream during games. Replacing that card ended the excess noise.

Could it be that average motherboards and graphics cards sell the most and are most profitable?
By far. The flagships and Halos don't sell a ton... the mid-range and budget tends to, absolutely.

My 3080 Gaming X Trio wasn't anything special and was loud.
That's weird. Testing shows them as one of the quieter around...maybe it was a tone, or you're on the cooler BIOS? Not sure, but it tested well at TPU, especially on the silent BIOS.

Last edited:
By far. The flagships and Halos don't sell a ton... the mid-range and budget tends to, absolutely.
The question was rhetorical.

No idea why, but I had teammates mentioning they could hear my GPU fans. I probably just got a hot one. I did buy it just after release.

I had zero regrets selling it. But, I do regret selling my MSI 570 8gb.

It is down and my mic is right next to my mouth to make sure I get picked up. I even had the PC to my left so the the noise was directed away from me. And my case has sound proofing everywhere.

That card just would spin up and sing it's song.

Back