• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CFM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Closest fan I can come up with that has a similar RPM showing aprox 74CFM. As far as fans go you do sacrifice noise levels; its just a question of how far you'll go. Probably not THIS far:

Being a (max) 1350 RPM fan, the airflow won't be very high at all, perhaps 20-25 CFM at the very most. You will get slightly better performance from pretty much any heatsink with a higher CFM fan, but it will be louder and not necessarily better by a big margin.

What are your current load temps, and why are you wanting the extra performance?

LOL, that was awsome, I could start my computer like I would a sport car. But I was looking at this one..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001

With a fan controller. My computer is mainly used for gaming, FPS games mostly and it is folding 24/7 so it does tend to build up some heat. I was going to connect that fan to the heatsink and then give it a direct channel out the back of the tower. 74 CFM does sound about right for what it is pushing. When I am gaming my temps will sky rocket. Straight to 60 C and then my system will crash out.

LOL, that was awsome, I could start my computer like I would a sport car. But I was looking at this one..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001

With a fan controller. My computer is mainly used for gaming, FPS games mostly and it is folding 24/7 so it does tend to build up some heat. I was going to connect that fan to the heatsink and then give it a direct channel out the back of the tower. 74 CFM does sound about right for what it is pushing. When I am gaming my temps will sky rocket. Straight to 60 C and then my system will crash out.

Ahhhh gotta love Delta :popcorn: they are by far THE most insane fan maker in the world; I love their work. Btw the fan you have listed isnt a whole lot less quiet than the one I linked earlier, example:

I am going to hook up a fan controller this fan so that I can turn it down, but I also don't have to share a room with it. I have my computer in the basement where it sits folding until I call upon it. I have a 120mm fan that pushes 70 CFM, I am going to test it out on my heat sink to see if my temps come down, if so then I will be doing some ordering and some modding to my system. I may stray from the 240 CFM fan but I am going to get something that will push some air for when I am doing some heavy computing.

You need a 38mm Sanyo-Denki and a fan controller. Nice thick fan with wonderful pressure that'll overcome being mounted against the fins.
Delta works, I love the SD's cause I have 4.

Should be a pretty decent fan, not too expensive. Does it state anywhere what the min RPM's are on that sucker?

You need a 38mm Sanyo-Denki and a fan controller. Nice thick fan with wonderful pressure that'll overcome being mounted against the fins.

This Delta fan is pushing 240 CFM, I hope I have fins left. Need a nice chrome pipe to go out the back to match the sound.:clap:

Yeah, the more I think about it. I would like to have power when I need it. If I could keep my temps down a bit I could squeeze a little bit more mhz out of my 940.

I love SD's. Recommended them on another forum because someone had a tightly-packed-fin heatsink and wanted more performance without too much noise. He ended up getting four more to act as case fans :confused:

I used to have some 200+ CFM Deltas, but ended up selling them after one of them tried to remove a finger. SD's on the other hand are a nice balanced fan with great pressure, and they're quiet on a controller whereas even low-speed Deltas have high-pitched motor noise that makes me crazy.

If I wanted a Sanyo-Denki fan where would I purchase one? What fan would you recommend for a 120mm.

Here.
You do pay for the best....

I also found 4 pin PWM ones on eBay for $39 apiece. :drool: Just Google "San Ace 120mm".

3,000 years from now they'll be able to dig up my house and find working Sanyo-Denki's...as long as their Mr. Fusion has a fan port!

Last edited:
It's enough power to make a DeLorean fly and power the flux capacitor! :thup:

Still wouldn't be enough for the OC forum crew 3000 years from now. They would over clock the DeLorean and the flux capacitor...LOL

I have found a Cooler Master fan rated for 70 CFM so if LennyRhys is correct on my current fan only pushing 25-30 CFM then this one should double my air flow. If my temps become more stable and or lower then what I am running now then I am going to order an SD or a Delta, I haven't decided on what one yet. I would like one that I can throttle down with a fan controller when I am not gaming. Any objections to this plan? I think it would prove out what I am trying to do.

Sounds like a decent plan to me. If you're temps still faulter there's no need to spend all that on a big fan for a cooler you'd likely be replacing.

A word of advice on the controller though if it should get that far. Get a big'n, around 20 watts.
I put a 10 watt resistor on one of my SD's today just dinking around, and it got so hot I had to put it in front of the fan to cool it...and that's an industrial resistor built into it's own heatsink!. It's a 1/2 Amp fan (6 watts).

Back