• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change Position of Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bambamshere

So I was looking at my case today and was trying to figure out what is better. I want to move the cooler to the front of my case. I have a Corsair H105. It is sitting on inside on the top of the case. My fans are on top of it blowing air out. But what I would like to do is put a couple fans on bottom of cooler but can't because ram is in the way.

Now I have 2 Cougar Vortex pwm fans blowing the air out. I would like to buy 2 more to put on other side. But like I said ram is in the way. I don't want to buy 4 more fans. I would rather buy 2 more cougars the buy 4 thin noisy fans.

Question time anyone no how this might work since they say the best place for cooler is up top.

Know how what might work? I do not understand the question you are trying to ask...

Most coolers are not restrictive enough to benefit much from doubling up fans.
You may want to look at some testing on that... ;)

Here is a generalization from Martin's lab testing on push/pull/shrouds...:
About the only generalization is that push/pull is still your best bet if cost is not a problem and that will hold true for all radiators.
Now, the differences may not be massive, but, they are there.
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/01/15/radiator-shroud-testing-v2/7/

So Earthdog do you think it would be better with 4 fans then. I will look at that link that you left. I'm just trying to figure out if it will fit up front. I will have to get rid of hard drive trays but I can put hard drives anywhere.

In the real world, cost does matter and you'll do better with one set of good fans than two sets of cheap fans. About the only time you come across doubled up fans in HVAC applications (which are way more restrictive than any CPU heatsink I have seen) are to overcome restriction in ductwork.

Back