• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing a few things in my loop. A few questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rob_

Registered
Hi all,

Firstly this is how my loop is currently set up.

XSPC Photon270 Res with D5 pump>Motherboard Monoblock>EKWB 420MM rad

CPU: i7 5820k
Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe
RAM: Corsair 16GB 4x4 2800
GPU: Asus GTX 1080Ti
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case: Corsair 900D

So I'd like to change the tubing to hard tubing as it looks a hell of a lot better and also I'd like to add a BitsPower Leviathon Slim 280MM rad at the very front of the case. Hoping to run the fans slower by adding an extra rad.

And this is where I need some help :p

Is this loop order alright? Res/pump>280RAD>Monoblock>420RAD

Which brand PETG tubing should i go for?

I'd like white coolant this time around, any suggestions?

Lastly, this is my first time doing hard tubing so would this kit be ok? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-petg-easy-cut-easy-bend-toolkit-wc-357-xs.html

match whatever brand tubing to whatever brand fittings you are using for the best compatibility.

In my case, since i used 14mm bitspower fittings, I used 14mm bitspower PETG

Use the same fittings and hard tubing for one.

Color fluid, I would only advise on getting colored hard tubing and some LED or RGB lighting. NZXT Hue+ comes to mind. Not enough lighting? Grab their RGB fans to control those too with the same system.

Bitspower rad? Never heard of it but do love their fittings. For rads, I'd look at either Hardware Labs, Alphacool, EK, etc.

What I personally would do is flip the top rad, so the fittings/angled are towards the front, with one going to the res and other to the CPU. Than CPU to GPU and than GPU to reservoir/pump and rinse and repeat.

Remember, loop order doesn't matter as long as the res is feeding the pump which you already have set here.

The loop order you posted is fine. I have mine the same way.

I would also be wary of the Bitspower radiator.

Like most people, I tried the pretty colored coolant. Never again. The dye settles out over time, mainly in the rad and block, which clogs things up. Can't beat distilled water and a couple drops of PT Nuke. I make sure there is no dissimilar metals in the loop.

Thanks very much for the replies, I do appreciate the comments.

Alright, I'll go for EKWB tubing and fittings.

As for the rad, I've read that it's actually manufactured by HWL. The only reason I'm going for it is because it's just wide enough to fit right at the front.

As for the colored tube/coolant. I currently have white tubing and would like to try colored fluid just the once despite what I've read online and what you fellas have said. Reason being that it's just a tad boring to have a big ol' reservoir and clear block to just see clear fluid going through it.

This stuff from Primochill isn't out yet but looks nuts.

Again, when it comes to color fluid, it eventually breaks down, meaning it won't have the fluid's cool effect anymore. It can also cake your stuff, meaning it can stain, stain, stain. lol Than it could possibly harden up a bit, start clogging things up. To me its not worth it and have seen over the years what it can do. There's a higher maintenance task if doing color fluids. Clean and rinsing every few months to play it safe but I know most won't. lol Up to you but once you get it inside places like the rad, good luck cleaning that out.

I understand that Jack, I'm fine with draining it and doing maintenance on it once every few months.

Even the current stuff I'm using which is EKWB's clear Premixed fluid is staining the reservoir and block believe it or not.

I will be flipping the 360rad around, thanks for that tip

I'll try and take a couple tomorrow, it'll be difficult to pick up on the crappy camera on my phone though.

Interesting. What kind of staining? Got any pics?

:salute:

Can't really get a better picture I'm afraid.
The res is squeaky clean on the outside so everything you see is on the inside which was spotless before filling.
You can see it more towards the bottom.

In my 15 years of watercooling I have tried the colored coolant three times with bad results 66.6% of the time. Seriously, distilled water and a drop of PT Nuke, it's really the best thing to put into the loop. But, I was like you and even though I was warned, I did it anyway, just like you will. Perhaps, years later, you'll be telling the newbs the same thing I'm telling you right now.

In my 15 years of watercooling I have tried the colored coolant three times with bad results 66.6% of the time. Seriously, distilled water and a drop of PT Nuke, it's really the best thing to put into the loop. But, I was like you and even though I was warned, I did it anyway, just like you will. Perhaps, years later, you'll be telling the newbs the same thing I'm telling you right now.

I appreciate the comment, batboy.

I'm fairly sure I'll regret it but we'll see xD

I've started to order the bits!

I still need to get tubing and fittings but I've not decided on what brand to go with.

5c49Dt2l.jpg H8AtJNml.jpg 0DC69Hal.jpg vdVReGrl.jpg

Looks real nice! I'll be switching a few things on my loop also. Adding a Bitspower FC block to my 1070 and swapping out tubing from blue to black.

Looks real nice! I'll be switching a few things on my loop also. Adding a Bitspower FC block to my 1070 and swapping out tubing from blue to black.

Sounds nice, what coolant will you be going with?

Also, it's done! :D

Back