• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK-FB ASUS C6H RGB Monoblock Poor Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrwalte

I just built a mostly EK custom loop, except the radiator is a Nemesis 480GTX and I'm curious about my CPU temps.

Below is a video to get an idea of my setup. The setup as been running for over 48 hours since this video and the air has bled to the reservoir. I do not believe I have air pockets in the monoblock. My run is pump+res -- rad -- cpu -- gpu. I have PWM off and pump is running 100% at ~4700rpm according to MB header.

Everything seems fine except for the EK Asus C6H Monoblock. My Vega 64 (with the EK block) will not reach 50 but my CPU pulling half the wattage breaks 60 easy. I've tried searching online for people's results with this monoblock but I'm having trouble finding anything. My concern is under full load at a 4Ghz clock on an 1800X, I'm getting temps 60-65C. This isn't horrible, but it's way worse than the Corsair H100i v2 I was previously using at this same clock. I'd stay under 50C at all times.

In the same loop, my GPU is staying very cool at temperatures I'd expect the CPU to be at. The water 'out' temp in my system stays in the 30s. My monoblock is about +25-30C Delta T when the GPU is closer to 10, and it's after the CPU. This leads me to believe the problem is lack of pulling heat away from the CPU.

I tried the 2 rice grain method using Grizzly Kryonaut in middle of CPU as the EK instructions said (I normally thinly spread over whole CPU). I used same Kryonaut on the GPU but did a X across the whole die like its instructions stated.

I'm trying to figure out other people's results to determine if this is just a bad block design, which my search has turned up some other EK monoblock designs for threadripper were bad, or maybe I did a bad paste job. I don't want to drain and re-paste if it probably won't help.

I was wondering that as well but I don't think I am as that seems to be specific to the threadripper and the bigger die and EK just using the AM4 design of the Ryzen for it. But it has made me wonder if this is a poorly designed block. Hence why I'm trying to find others that may have experience with it.

from that vid im still seeing bursts of bubbles flying by. theres also a small pocket stuck in the upper left side of the cpu block portion. i would try leaning the whole case back against the wall(as seen in the vid). that will likely allow for the air pocket to cut loose and make its way into the res. you may have to get a little extreme with the lean before it moves. it can be a real pain waiting for the ek insert to clear out but it will eventually with enough manipulation. another thing to check is to make sure you have all of the washers installed. it can be really easy to over look them when initially installing the block. if none of that helps pull the block and check the tim spread. it may just need to be remounted.

Last edited:
Mine never goes over 58c during prime small fft. I have a little more radiator than you do though and use pure distilled water. What is your coolant temperature?
BTW: Nice looking system you have there.

Back