• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EK Rolls Out a Momentum² Monoblock for ROG STRIX X670E-I ITX Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Capture-Cropped-2-e1641516205322.jpg
EKWB has launched the EK-Quantum Momentum² monoblock for ASUS' ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming ITX motherboard. The cooling plate is constructed of nickel-plated electrolytic copper, while the top is clear acrylic. Designed to cool both the CPU and motherboard's Voltage Regulation Modules (VRMs), the new EK-Quantum Momentum² maximizes cooling while maintaining a clean look. The Digitally addressable RGB (D-RGB) lighting features 18 LEDs and is fully compatible with ASUS Aura Sync software. Pricing is listed at $209.99 and it's available for pre-order now at the EKWB webshop.
Click here to read more!

Gotta say thats a pretty good looking block. Im not a huge fan of RGB lighting or acrylic tops but this gives it a very high tech intentional look.

The only real difference between a standard Quantum Velocity series and this block is that it's slightly wider, so it touches the VRM heatsink. It's not even a monoblock that covers everything. VRMs are not really hot on these motherboards. The "standard" Quantum Velocity costs ~$130, so the question is why the dedicated version costs ~$210?
The block still looks nice. Personally, I like acetal blocks. Here is Quantum Velocity - acetal, on ASUS Strix B650E-I Gaming.

1675768550876.jpg

Me too.. gotta wonder about restriction tho....

These mini fittings are great but expensive. Flow restrictions are about the same as for standard 90°. As long as the pump can handle it, then all is fine. I'm using Alphacool DC-LT pump, which is whole 100l/h, and it works with 2 blocks and 240 rad (4 of these mini 90° fittings). But it's a small PC. You don't really use it in large builds.
Btw, this PC has been running 24/7 for 2 months+ now.

VRMs are not really hot on these motherboards.
This is true , the VRM monoblock was nice for the x299 platform because they were overheating on most motherboards especially early on.
But these X670E boards are pretty much over built some testing was done and these VRM's dont even overheat with the heatsink off even when the cpu is Overclocked.

Back