• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing Fans for H80

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Harlequin76

Registered
Hello,

I am buying a Ft03 case,
And I am buying a H80 cooler.
I thought about replacing the stock coolers of the H80 with the Akasa Apache FN-058, will it do well?
Also thought about replacing the Ft03 case fans with the FN-058
making a total of 4 Akasa FN-058 fans in my case
good idea?
or bad?

Thanks!

If you want a dead silent system then those fans will be better for the whole system in general. But on the CPU you won't get as low temps then with the stock fans blowing at 100%. It will be much quieter but you won't get as high of an overclock.

For your H80 radiator, if you can get your hands on Scythe Gentle Typhoons, those would be better suited.

So case: Akasa Apache x2

H80 Scythe Gentle typhoons x2 (there is different RPM for this model , which one is best suited?) , also can the H80 fan controller control them?
correct?

Tnx!

Sorry I forgot to mention, the 1850RPM would be the one you want. And yes you should be able to, they are 3pin just like the stock Corsair fans.

I heard they are easy overclockers just like the 2600k, 4ghz-4.5ghz should be a breeze.

There is no reason to replace the stock fans with the H80. The pump/coldplate unit has an intelligent controller that has 3 different cooling settings that control fan speed, plus it varies the fan speed within these 3 separate settings according to loop coolant temps. With the H80 set on "quiet" the included fans aren't noisy at all. BTW, while Corsair wouldn't tell me the OEM of the H80 fans, when I tested the H70 they told me the OEM of the fans for that kit was Akasa. So the H80 fans could very well be sourced from Akasa too.

Like I just posted in another thread, why spend more money on fans before you at least try out the stock fans on the unit. If they are quiet enough, then why spend more hard earned case? And if you end up thinking you need quieter fans, all you have to do is order them and install them when they come in and in the meantime you can still use your computer with the stock fans installed.

Back