• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest Possible LEGAL license

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoutcamper

Primember
Hello,

I am looking for the cheapest possible available windows 7 pro license. I am a college student, my household has 8 pc's in it and only 5 windows 7 licenses, the others are rocking vista still :mad: I have decided that it is time to take them to windows 7 pro. I am after the cheapest possible way to get 3 windows 7 pro license keys. Any Suggestions?

Unfortunately my school is a lowly community college and they do not have agreements with MSDN, and as for the bookstore, they only have windows 8
:facepalm:

Credit given to: Xtreme Barton

You can do this online.So what if your school doesn't offer this incentive.

Sign up for one class online at community college (supported on msdn school list). Download all microsoft products and others as you wish. Drop the class and have a nice day with $10,000 worth of software. I joke I joke I kid I kid ... Defiantly finish the class

Last edited:
Yeah the student discounts are amazing I saw W7 Pro for $70 at my school's online shop

As OP specifies LEGAL... Handing out MSDNAA keys to family is probably not to the letter of the EULA.

As OP specifies LEGAL... Handing out MSDNAA keys to family is probably not to the letter of the EULA.

The stipulation is that it has to be a computer you use. It doesn't say how much.

Basically keeping you from selling the keys.

Im sorry, but i don't like vista compared to 7.

I know i can get 7 PRO x64 OEM for $130 on Amazon, and these student discount places are all more expensive than that :( Just wondering if anything is cheaper than $130.

Unfortunately my school is a lowly community college and they do not have agreements with MSDN, and as for the bookstore, they only have windows 8
:facepalm:

You can downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7, as long as you have a windows 8 key. It requires a phonecall to microsoft in some situations for them to make an alternate key or make the iso available to you. But generally any newer version if microsoft software, is capable of being downgraded to to the previous version without the need to buy another licence.

You can downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7, as long as you have a windows 8 key. It requires a phonecall to microsoft in some situations for them to make an alternate key or make the iso available to you. But generally any newer version if microsoft software, is capable of being downgraded to to the previous version without the need to buy another licence.

I would call them and verify that they'll do it for your case, before buying the copies.

Back