• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chilly1 head? where to buy? and how to install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They are switching servers.

Installing an evap will require you to evacuate the refrigerant, open the system, remove the head, braze the chilly1 block together then braze it to the mach 2, add service ports, vacuum, and re charge with refrigerant.

If you never brazed... it might be prudent to ask him to braze it up for you. It isn't overtly hard for someone who has brazed evap before... but it isn't that easy either :)
I must have killed 4 out of 15 evaps I brazed (3 just badly braze... 1 accidentally blocked suction by shoving it too deep in...) Haven't made mistake in a while but it does take some precaution...

jinu117 said:
If you never brazed... it might be prudent to ask him to braze it up for you. It isn't overtly hard for someone who has brazed evap before... but it isn't that easy either :)
I must have killed 4 out of 15 evaps I brazed (3 just badly braze... 1 accidentally blocked suction by shoving it too deep in...) Haven't made mistake in a while but it does take some precaution...

For me brazing was a total pain until I got some decent rods. After spending 20 bucks on 7, 18 inch 56% silver brazing rods with flux on eBay, it became more of a joy rather than a pain.

Man silver solder flows sooooo much better than crappy silver/nickel rods from bernzomatic.

Strida said:
Man silver solder flows sooooo much better than crappy silver/nickel rods from bernzomatic.

and take alot less heat. makes for alot easier time and rods are kinda overkill for the pressures the system will hold.

Back