• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chrome browser not working with very latest 1803 updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvee

Registered
This is kind of a weird problem, I installed windows 10 on about 40 PC's with no issues.
Three weeks ago, I did three new installs, after 1803 and all the updates, Google Chrome will not work on those three machines. I have four other PC's here with Windows 10 and 1803 where windows 10 was installed about 3-6 months ago and Chrome works on those machines. I used the same windows 10 source dvd to install each one, but of course different COA keys, so they all work fine except, Chrome will not download webpages on the three recent builds.

Sometimes it will work the first time you open it, and then won't load anything after that.
After reading many blogs about possible causes and fixes that don't work I came across an article that said there was two problems causing that symptom, one a video issue that was supposedly fixed with a recent update and the other one which actually works to allow Chrome to run but I don't know the adverse affects of,, yet.!

That is to turn off the Cryptographic service. That will allow Chrome to work on the three PC's I tested. But you have to do it again after a reboot..!
I don't understand the ramifications or know what the long term fix will be but just passing on the info.....

Some articles claim Microsoft does not want CHrome on some versions of Windows 10 unless it's an approved package for the Windows APP store.
I don't know the truth about that but it could be possible I guess...…………………...Pvee

Last edited:
Same issues with my NEW build ..
Turning off CryptoService does resolve, but annoying we have to deal with this
It's actually not just chrome for me either, my GeForce Experience app doesn't work with this Crypto service on as well.

I actually was having a ton of bsod using an ASRock mobo, so decided to swap with ASUS and then was hitting these errors as well.
Thought it was something else, but turns out it was just the 1803 update .. ugh

Some articles claim Microsoft does not want CHrome on some versions of Windows 10 unless it's an approved package for the Windows APP store.
I don't know the truth about that but it could be possible I guess...…………………...Pvee

They're doing what Apple has been getting away with for years. Can you get Chrome from the Windows Store?

Back