• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cilling Time!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essadqi

Registered
Hi every one,

Been looking around for one week but no dice, so here I am. I just finished buying all I needed for my water loop which will be hooked to a water chiller, it's a Hailea HC 1000A, every thing is set but tow informations are missing: how much fluid do I need for the chillers tank I've found nothing about its capacity and how do I fill the loop without ruining the pump (if it runs dry). Please help.

I cannot speak to the capacity of that unit, your best bet is just to bleed your loop until air bubbles stop coming out.

As for filing the loop the standard procedure is to have a reservoir before your pump. You fill this with your coolant and then bump your pump via a jumper on the psu. When you bump the pump you only draw the reservoir down about 2/3 of the way then turn your pump off. Refill your reservoir and repeat until your reservoir is maintaining a consistent level from the return flow. You will then have to run your pump for awhile and top up as the last free air bubbles sneak out of the system.

There is a good link to our beginners water cooling guide that I will find and post for you. In the meantime have you considered the implications of running a chiller on your system such as condensation?

Here is two links to peruse. The first is a conglomeration of links for the different how-to for water cooling. Tyre second is s link to a thread about a chilled water loop and some of the issues. The chiller being used in the second thread is slightly different but the same principles of condensation and such are transferable.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/628092-The-Ultimate-Water-Cooling-Thread

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/783240-Chilled-Water-Cooling-Version-3-0

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your replay. Indeed a reservoir will be needed I assumed that with the chillers tank that will be obsolete but no especially with my black tubes. As for the condensation it will not be a problem, here in Belgium it's winter the whole year, at home I never crack the 20°C and I intend to run chiller at that temperature.

Back